News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

Evolution of Combat - RuneScape Update

Started by Qorx, September 09, 2012, 07:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think the Evolution of Combat will be a good update?

Yes.
1 (33.3%)
No.
2 (66.7%)
Don't Care.
0 (0%)
Not sure, haven't heard of it.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Qorx

Hey,

So, what do you think the new 'Evolution of Combat' update will be like in RuneScape? Do you think it will encourge olders players to start playing again, will it make people quit the game? Will it bring more players?

I'm personally against it because I think it's to much like World of Warcraft, and I don't like it.

So vote in the poll, and post here your response to the Evolution of Combat.

What is the Evolution of Combat?

Quote from: RuneScape WikiaThe Evolution Of Combat, also called EOC, is a complete rework of how RuneScape combat works. This update is set up as a beta for users who want to test it out early, signups for which were open from 1 June 2012 to 19 June 2012. The actual update was postponed/delayed to December, but cannot be any sooner than December, as there are currently events planned by Jagex for the month of October to November.

Click here to see my goals and achievements.

Jake

Never really gave a damn about Jagex. Hopefully it makes more people quit.

Throwawayaccount

I doubt that it encourage old players back, and they'll probably lose a lot of their current players in doing this. However, as one with access to WOW sub statistics can say, they're losing numbers fast, and not to other MMOs. They're simply losing interest in what WOW has to offer, and no other MMO has the exact same flavor. This, I think, is why they're doing it. There simply isn't any other reason. Pking is the bread and butter of RS. So, they either have an idiot at managing, or a genius at marketing.

Qorx

I also think that JaGeX have made a stupid choice in this update, they've made it so like World of Warcraft that it is almost copyright stuff. My point of view on it is, if someone wanted to play WoW they would, not the rip off version on RuneScape.

Click here to see my goals and achievements.

freak m4n

The EoC was open for F2P people. So I tried it out.

I've tested some things, and I find it horrible. This update will just let more people quit the game.

The game was at it's top around 2006-2008. (IMO)

Runescape is just horrible now.
Got the 100'000th post on the forums.

candyhaakon

Sorry, the page you requested could not be found. HELP