News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Three years banned, why I left, and what it was like.

Started by Throwawayaccount, September 08, 2012, 06:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nate

can we do what someone said earlier on a post? email all the old players and say for worldscape is back?

This is / isn't a serious post

Jake

That it, I'm back! In-game, Forums, everything! We need to get Worldscape back to what it was. Talking about it isn't gonna do squat. We all have to take action and work to get players back.

I'm confident we can do it, Loyal Worldscape members.

D E A T H

Yes we know Jake but for in game shit for what we want like coding we can't do. We as the community Always has these great suggestions to add to WS but it never happens. Someone comes up with an idea we talk about it for a week and every one says oh dang this should be added even high staff say it, but it never happens.  :-\

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 22, 2014, 05:13:18 PM
How do you have a picture of Ryan's fridge...?

Jake

Quote from: D E A T H on September 09, 2012, 10:12:07 AM
Yes we know Jake but for in game shit for what we want like coding we can't do. We as the community Always has these great suggestions to add to WS but it never happens. Someone comes up with an idea we talk about it for a week and every one says oh dang this should be added even high staff say it, but it never happens.  :-\
I'm not sure what happens with that side of the server, so I can't shed much light on that topic. Ryan's usually to busy doing other projects and whatever to add every great suggestion. He's a very busy man.

Free Legend

Throwawayaccount

In reply to whoever asked me to stay: No thanks, I'll pass. Only reason on here is because my brother pointed out that it got a lot of replies(apparently he's still on here from time to time), and I just realized now that Sept. 4th was the day my bro and I first registered.

For those claiming AGF/WSB will never shut down, I wish you good luck. While I do hold my doubts, I hope you succeed in that. But, for the record, whats happened here has happened to a lot of other RSPVs, and I can think of one Gold Certified Runescape fansite that had the same issue. A friend is trying to bring it back, but idk about it all. The reason I bring this up is this: No one ever had an issue with the Fansite, it didn't have bad servers, or even people. It was quality. The guy(yes, one guy) who ran it just decided he had lost interest in it all, and never came back. Never contacted anybody, and the site slowly just died because it didn't have that big push content it got from the owner. New content was non-existent, posts were rare, and the staff had lost confidence.

The site: www.global-rs.com it's starting to come back, but only after two years. I tell you this because it's quite possibly your future, even if you don't want it to be. Again, good luck. Don't expect anymore replies back after this one.

nate

the problem is that all the staff are "busy" (not doubting you are, but it seems to be a constant thing). there needs to be some new staff that know how to code (this means ryans must teach them how he codes) that are not busy.

D E A T H

I was about to say the same thing Nate. Or get a more basic code most rsps have.

lollol

Ohhhh good old days!
I remember playing this game when i was about 10 or something when Worldscape first launched, I actually believe Hubby helped almost everybody on Worldscape because he helped me gain my first rare as well.
Quote from: Yoho on May 26, 2011, 12:06:29 PM
"Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind"

(Just for the lulz :D)

96% of people won't stand up for God
Put this in your Sig if you are one of the 4% who will"
‎/\/\ /-\ Z E /\/

Kevin

I will be more than happy to do a "Staff Clean-up" Not saying anybody on the current staff did a bad job, just going to get a few more active players.

Jake

I think people write off out current staff at the moment a little to much. They're all good people. There's not a bunch of people that could be better for the job. The activity is a little bit of an issue, I've been inactive myself, but if all the staff members were as active as say Kevin at the moment we would have a ton more players. That's my opinion anyway. The little stuff makes up for the big stuff.

nate

Quote from: Jake on September 10, 2012, 02:05:34 AM
I think people write off out current staff at the moment a little to much. They're all good people. There's not a bunch of people that could be better for the job. The activity is a little bit of an issue, I've been inactive myself, but if all the staff members were as active as say Kevin at the moment we would have a ton more players. That's my opinion anyway. The little stuff makes up for the big stuff.

not nagging on staff, but yall are kind of busy alot. we need several new extremely active staff members (i still want to have the old ones too  ;D)

D E A T H

Quote from: Kevin on September 09, 2012, 11:01:43 PM
I will be more than happy to do a "Staff Clean-up" Not saying anybody on the current staff did a bad job, just going to get a few more active players.

How about this the inactive staff get de-ranked but still keep staff. Okay so we know they're good people so let's get new staff and if someone on the new staff does something stupid then someone from the old staff that is semi active will get that position.

Jake

I'm thinking we keep everything as it is and just have a little chat with the existing members of the staff list. Too easy :)

I'm sure they'll be more then happy to add on a couple more hours to their gaming here :P

nate

but you see, this will only work for a little while and then slowly, they will stop playing again.

seeing as though you are staff, i understand your concern. you would rather not play this game 24/7. this is why we need more staff. so when some are not on, others are. or you can just play more and you wont be deranked.