News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

What can we do for YOU?!?!

Started by Kevin, August 22, 2012, 02:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryptonite

I think we need a more active and enjoyable community. Kevin, not to criticize you, but I think you should unban some of the people that you banned who made this game fun (Not Luke or Aaron though). Like, some people deserve a second chance imo. But even with that, not a whole lot of people would play.

Making the game better isn't entirely the staff's job. The game itself could be amazing but without a good community it would not be a fun environment to play in.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

wolf

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 04, 2012, 05:13:48 PM
I think we need a more active and enjoyable community. Kevin, not to criticize you, but I think you should unban some of the people that you banned who made this game fun (Not Luke or Aaron though). Like, some people deserve a second chance imo. But even with that, not a whole lot of people would play.

Making the game better isn't entirely the staff's job. The game itself could be amazing but without a good community it would not be a fun environment to play in.
Could not have said it any better. most of the people who got banned probably wont come back for the reason that they got banned.

nate

Quote from: wolf on September 05, 2012, 12:03:27 AM
Could not have said it any better. most of the people who got banned probably wont come back for the reason that they got banned.

words stolen from my mouth.

As i have stressed before, i do no believe that old players will return to actually play the game.

At this point, i couldn't care less what you do to worldscape, as long as there are more players. i can tell you now that if there are more than 30 players on at once year round, you will have two more (me and drakedriller). But as i have said before, we now have other interests, and most likely will not play the game as religiously as we once did. (hint: i was number 1 on high scores at one point)

This is / isn't a serious post

Kryptonite

Honestly, this is a community-based game more than a content-based game. Speaking to the developers here, if you want to balance that out more, you need to add more addicting features to the game that aren't too difficult, tedious, or limited for us players to do, that way everyone can get involved. Because as of now, people really only played to socialize with eachother.

Sure you've added zombies, but that minigame is extremely difficult with the few amount of players that play at the moment, especially since the reset. Camp is good for everyone but it's the same thing over and over again and it gets quite old in my opinion. All skills are the same basic training methods that every server has. The few other minigames such as castle wars and duel arena are also the same content from every other server. The party room is probably the best content in the game, but the task of getting so many fires is extremely tedious unless you have a lot of people, which can be very fun getting all the fires, but the drop parties, especially 1st class, are disappointing to say the least. They don't drop very many useful items, and not that many balloons fall either. You spend a ton of time for something that's over in a matter of seconds.

I'm not hating on any of the content I just mentioned, as it's all very well added content. The problem is mainly boredom (or difficulty, in the case of zombies). If you guys had a fun activity that almost any player could do and it wasn't any sort of tedious task or the same thing over and over, it would really spice the game up.

I realize that this is exactly what you're asking for in this topic, however. One big thing that would help is staff activity. There's almost never staff online on worldscape. The developers' excuse is they are busy with RuneRebels. I completely understand that, but keep in mind that these are two separate games, and that if all the admins on this game are focused on a different game, it doesn't do much good to call them admins on this game. If you can't get the admins to spend more time on WorldScape, then perhaps consider having admins solely for worldscape to play and interact with all of the players and do activities such as host in-game events.

As for content, maybe an on-going minigame with a lot of content and variation as you progress, sort of like dungeoneering in RuneScape or something like that. As long as it can keep players entertained for long periods of time, it'll be good.

These are just my thoughts, and I'm not trying to put worldscape down or criticize it in any way. They're just my ideas to improve.

weed

Kevin

Who do you suppose should be unbanned? I can't think of anyone who was banned that shouldn't be right now. (Banned by me at least.)

As for RuneRebels, that is currently on hold. We have every intention on finishing it. But as of right now it is not being worked on. We haven't worked on anything RSPS related in awhile.

Krest I V

Dude.. Kane... way to rip my idea. xD

Kryptonite

weed

Sean

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 05, 2012, 12:58:03 AM
Honestly, this is a community-based game more than a content-based game. Speaking to the developers here, if you want to balance that out more, you need to add more addicting features to the game that aren't too difficult, tedious, or limited for us players to do, that way everyone can get involved. Because as of now, people really only played to socialize with eachother.

Sure you've added zombies, but that minigame is extremely difficult with the few amount of players that play at the moment, especially since the reset. Camp is good for everyone but it's the same thing over and over again and it gets quite old in my opinion. All skills are the same basic training methods that every server has. The few other minigames such as castle wars and duel arena are also the same content from every other server. The party room is probably the best content in the game, but the task of getting so many fires is extremely tedious unless you have a lot of people, which can be very fun getting all the fires, but the drop parties, especially 1st class, are disappointing to say the least. They don't drop very many useful items, and not that many balloons fall either. You spend a ton of time for something that's over in a matter of seconds.

I'm not hating on any of the content I just mentioned, as it's all very well added content. The problem is mainly boredom (or difficulty, in the case of zombies). If you guys had a fun activity that almost any player could do and it wasn't any sort of tedious task or the same thing over and over, it would really spice the game up. ...

... As for content, maybe an on-going minigame with a lot of content and variation as you progress, sort of like dungeoneering in RuneScape or something like that. As long as it can keep players entertained for long periods of time, it'll be good.

I do agree to majority of this. A lot of people play private servers primarily because they want to play RuneScape as it use to be without working as hard for their skills and items (most of you probably know that). I remember when I first played WorldScape, I loved the idea of ::runes, probably one of the reasons why I stayed.

In a sense, private servers are there to provide content that is buffed. I think more overpowered content would appeal to a percentage of people out there that want to play rsps (even if it's only a few months).

Of course content will have to be balanced in some way, just not too balanced that it loses the feeling of a rsps. The server must remain unique at all times (that attracts people from other rsps) and gives the feeling of being "home". ;d

Now I understand people may entirely disagree with me solely because they play rsps for different reasons, but it's always good to provide feedback from many perspectives. ;]

nate

This is / isn't a serious post

D E A T H

Here is an idea to get a word out to all players. So you know how all player had to sign up using an email address right? So how about Ryan sends mass emails to all players that have joined forums to play Worldscape? The email can say something like IT'S BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER! Just a suggestion. Hate on it if you want.

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 22, 2014, 05:13:18 PM
How do you have a picture of Ryan's fridge...?

harckus01

Hello,

i am harckus01 and i teleport to tar and now i can play.
and my friend dragonslay1 to he can't play to

Kryptonite

Quote from: harckus01 on September 06, 2012, 07:50:27 PM
Hello,

i am harckus01 and i teleport to tar and now i can play.
and my friend dragonslay1 to he can't play to

Log in with the 317 client and leave tar. And don't go there again with a 508 client.

And for future reference, post an actual topic about this, don't spam random topics.

weed

harckus01

how can i download 317 client???

Kryptonite

weed

dragonslay1

I have the same problem as harckus01 and i tried your link but the Update Client.bat doesn't continue at downloading.