News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Quitting my job?

Started by Mia, August 12, 2012, 03:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mia

Well, i've had this job for... almost 9 months and the past 3 months has been sh**!
My Boss put me on ROSTERED DAYS OFF (AS IN DAYS I MUST HAVE OFF WHICH ARE ASSIGNED BY MY BOSS)
I've been sick ALL week, regular hospital visits and everything.  I got sick on my days off then when i returned to work myfirst shift back was hell, i got sicker and went home late cuz the employer i worked with gave me the biggest guilt trip ever -.- but anyway
i called the boss and said i seriously cannot work, I'm coughing til i vomit stomach acid and my head is spinning so he got the shits and rudely, but very abruptly told me to "f*ck off, get a doctors certificate and dont dare walk into "his" kitchen until i have it"

SO TIRED, been contemplating leaving for 3ish months, but i quit my first job due to harassment... now my job seeker guider thinks im selfish and got me counciling.  Fml.

Any tips?

Kevin

If you are not respected in the workplace don't take it. Go to a higher authority. Get the note from your doctor and show him. You need to be treated better, but if it continues for even half a day, walk out.

J100

well what kind of job is it? and i would start looking for another job first
~J100

James

I can't really relate, since I only had one job all throughout high school/college and then went on to own my own business, but I do know that there are labor laws (At least in the US, not sure about Australia) that will get your employer in serious trouble if you have medical conditions that prevent you from completing your assigned tasks and making your work place miserable.  In addition, most health code laws prevent you from working in enclosed kitchenette areas while having a transmittable disease. And, don't let people trample over you. Tell the douche off.

Mia

Update: Sucessfully quit and they were later all charged for drug labs.  GF.