News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

donating

Started by sjenk, April 18, 2012, 10:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjenk

hi guys,

i like the server and want to donate....

but, i dont have a creditcard or paypal?

now my question is: can ryan add something to pay by sms/phone or paysafecard or paying with RSGP?

(if this is already asked lock it)

James

The only thing with donating by sms/phone is the fee that the company charges per donation.  Depending on the company, Ryan would have to charge an additional amount sometimes more than the actual donation, thus making it a very expensive option for donating.

To accept paysafe, you have to be considered a 'retailer', thus donating with it wouldn't really be donating; it would be purchasing a service, but it might still be able to be done.

Paying with RSGP is a big no-no, as the whole reason for donating is keeping the server alive.  RSGP has no currency value, therefore it is not a valid option for benefiting the server such as paying for the VPS.

Hope that answered some questions!

sjenk

well james...

RSGP could be sold for like $0.60-$2,00 per mill

so maybe that could be an option?

James

Yes, but with RSGP people tend to get a little grab-n-go...ask Ryan about Jeremy. :-)

Recoil

As James said. Potential fraud if done through SMS services.

PayPal is completely safe, I suggest you just get that. Besides, Ryan wouldn't be one to store credit card numbers anyways ::)

As for RSGP, I'm not even sure if Ry plays RS anymore, and if he does it'd break WS rules to donate through that.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

nate

Quote from: sjenk on April 18, 2012, 12:37:08 PM
well james...

RSGP could be sold for like $0.60-$2,00 per mill

so maybe that could be an option?

i dont believe its up to $2 per mill is it?? because my brother in law has tons of money and hes sold and he recently told me its at about $1.7 ;D ;D

This is / isn't a serious post

Grievous

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 12:40:30 PM
As James said. Potential fraud if done through SMS services.

PayPal is completely safe, I suggest you just get that. Besides, Ryan wouldn't be one to store credit card numbers anyways ::)

As for RSGP, I'm not even sure if Ry plays RS anymore, and if he does it'd break WS rules to donate through that.

SMS fraud? Paypal is completely safe? O wow...

Recoil

Quote from: Grievous on April 18, 2012, 06:20:07 PM
SMS fraud? Paypal is completely safe? O wow...
Lol. Tired of your trolling. Funny thing is you suck at it. Massively. Saying "O wow" doesn't prove anything and makes you look weak like you have nothing to say. You think you're so dashingly smart, like you know everything about everything. Thing is, no one respects you for it, which is why you stir up arguments on every topic you post.

If your eyes happened to look down an inch, I said
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 12:40:30 PM
Besides, Ryan wouldn't be one to store credit card numbers anyways ::)
which proves your point completely invalid in the first place.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Jake

No donating with RSPS, Enough said. The games gonna crash and burn any day now anyway.

Being able to Donate by SMS would be amazing! I'd actually be able to donate regularly.

Joris

I've already suggested paysafe cards, but nothing is done with it.