News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

results for the voting, i will update after a while

Started by nate, April 30, 2012, 02:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recoil

Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

nate

Quote from: Grievous on May 07, 2012, 11:13:49 AM
Quote from: Recoil on May 06, 2012, 12:08:06 PM
Quote from: Grievous on May 06, 2012, 08:16:27 AM
Okay I'll try to explain this:

This is a copy of a game called Runescape.
If Runescape becomes less popular then less people will play Runescape. (Obviously)
If there are less people playing Runescape, then less people will find out about Runescape PRIVATE servers, and therefor there every private server will eventually be less popular. I don't see how you kids don't see the obvious logic?
One problem there: Just because an update happens on RuneScape doesn't mean it happens on an RSPS.

Read my post again, idiot.

you do realize that the population of runescape does not determine the population of any rsps. lets just say every runescape player stops playing runescape and starts playing an rsps. logic ruined? theres 0 runescape population and loads of pop on rsps. try again.

This is / isn't a serious post

Jake

Get back on topic and quit fighting, Guys. There's no need for it.

Final Warning.

Recoil

I'm not going to "fight" here, I'm going to be mature as possible. But this is on topic, considering the voting was for the economy fix, and that's basically the main problem people have been fighting over lately.

After this post I'm not going to repeat this, so listen up. Quite frankly I'm tired of explaining my side and people don't seem to read it. So; if you're interested in my belief, read this whole post. If not then stop reading now, because I don't want people bringing up a question that I pre-answered in this post.

We need this economy fix. Yes, as this has been beaten to a bloody pulp a million times: WorldScape is dying. (Or at least not as popular as used to. There, nice enough?) We can always advertise for more people and maybe even get 100s of players right now (now this part is for you Mia). But the fact of the matter is, people aren't going to continue playing this current game for a long amount of time. Yes, you can post the argument that WorldScape isn't dying with the fact that we get like 10 (or whatever) new members a day. But the thing is, none of them stay. 95% of them join WorldScape, are given the duped items (which are most of the items, by the way) then get bored because they run out of things to do. To fix a corrupt game, it takes several steps depending on the problem. Currently, WorldScape has two problems - the gameplay and the community (or lack of the community, rather). So will advertising and getting new players help? Of course it will. But not yet. We have to fix the game FIRST, so people will stay longer. Then you solve the chronic issue with this server. The plan I've come up with (and many others) solves the game in the long run. Of course people are going to deny the economy fix. Take a merchant, for example. All he does is collect items. Is he/she going to support something that deletes items? Of course not! It sounds ridiculous. But here's the thing. It's going to give the value back to items. Right now we're experiencing mass inflation - it's too easy to get a ton of items. If every single item is wiped out (which by the way is different from the economy fix, the economy fix doesn't delete every item) then all of those items will have value again. And people will work for items! There's another thing to do in-game right there.  And for the merchants too! The game will never be better for you if we have the economy fix. But people are so worried about now, what items you currently have. They don't want to lose their current precious items. But get some perspective here. EVERYONE has those items. Is this really a game where everyone has thousands of barrows sets? That's a communism, last time I checked. I want to stick out from people; I want competition. And I can't do that much with leveling, since a lot of people already have maxed CB. So item collecting is a great way to do that. It's like taking an element out of the game. So, to all the people who want to keep your precious items: everyone already has those items (except rares, but they won't be deleted in the economy fix anyhow). And Mia, I don't understand why you take everything I say to the heart. I'm not insulting your advertising campaign. I said in my post "We need to fix the game first". That means we WILL need advertising, but the game needs to be better first.

If you don't understand my point now, then we simply just have to agree to disagree.

[/rant]
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Kryptonite

Quote from: Recoil on May 08, 2012, 05:22:44 PM
And Mia, I don't understand why you take everything I say to the heart. I'm not insulting your advertising campaign. I said in my post "We need to fix the game first". That means we WILL need advertising, but the game needs to be better first.

Amen. I completely agree with your entire post, but this stuck out to me the most. Mia, whenever we say something remotely hinting anything wrong with WS, you take it all personally and flip shit on us. Just chill out dude. Denial is a bad thing. We never said it was a bad thing to advertise...

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Francis

This whole thing is getting out of hand, we aren't even talking about the topic anymore? You're fighting won't add an economy fix, if you don't want it, just say you don't want it, it shouldn't lead to this insane talking about runescape and runescape private servers relating. This area of the forums are about suggestions. Stop fighting and let ryan look at this, if it happens, great! If it doesn't, it doesn't.
Made by Pride
Quote from: Ry60003333 on June 08, 2011, 11:46:55 PM
I LOVE YOU. NO HOMO. 8)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made with photoshop. By ME!