News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

Forum & Game Rollback

Started by Ry60003333, May 05, 2012, 02:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ry60003333

As many of you know, the forums went down yesterday due to some database issues. This was due to Program (Aaron) and Mute (Luke) deleting the entire forums, all of the in-game items, and many other various things such as my senior project data. He was banned permanently because of this; I was up until 5 AM yesterday restoring all of this data from a backup recorded at 8 AM yesterday, then I immediately went to sleep, or I would've posted about this yesterday. So basically, the forum and the game have effectively been rolled back to 8 AM yesterday.

Also, I don't understand why you guys think the WorldScape is going to be shut down, if I wanted it to be shut down, I would've just kept it offline after it was hacked. But I spent four hours repairing it because this is my website and game and I care about it; it was the first private server I created and I don't plan on shutting it down.

You guys keep complaining about the RuneRebels project; the reason we didn't post it here is because we didn't want it to steal players from WorldScape, however you guys freaked out saying that we were trying to keep it a secret, so we post it here for everyone to see, and now you freak out because you think we are stopping WorldScape. Both server will continue to be run and updated.

I'm sorry that updates to WorldScape are still widely spaced out; but it has been like this for a while, mainly because I have so many other things going on in my life, such as school, planning for college, and so on. Right now I have four weeks "off" from school where I must work 6 hours every weekday on my senior project, which is developing another game from scratch. So I'm sorry that there aren't many updates, but the server is not shutting down and it would be nice if everyone would stop spreading rumors that aren't true! Thank you,

- Ry60003333
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Sora

Thanks for the explanation, now I know what happened.  :D I myself understand how difficult it's been for you and the staff, so I haven't been saying anything about this whole RuneRebels thing and you guys not replying. But I have one question. Are the other staff members and developers like Kevin and Alex helping you on your senior project of making a new game too? I was just wondering.  ???

patrickcolmeyer

Whos Program? are you sure its him

Sora

Program was a former forum moderator on here and he was a part of the WorldScape Rebellion group.

patrickcolmeyer

Sora

Yeah he was a person not a program lol.  O.O

dieknowsawr

Completely understandable Ry. Glad you've done all this work for us.

Thank you <3

kingkiller08

Thank you so much for doing such a thing.. you know when that happened last night, my friend and i were kind of surprised it happened but i told him i honestly thought someone did this so i just waited it out. I knew it would come back up and for that, i thank you. Now i'm going to go play some of my favorite game in the RSPS server

Ry60003333

Quote from: patrickcolmeyer on May 05, 2012, 03:08:32 PM
so its a person?

Quote from: 010 on May 05, 2012, 03:39:32 PM
Why would he do that!?

Both of these user accounts are accounts created by the hacker.

freak m4n

Quote from: Ry60003333 on May 05, 2012, 03:51:26 PM
so its a person?

Why would he do that!?

So it wasn't Program and Mute?
Got the 100'000th post on the forums.

Ry60003333

Quote from: freak m4n on May 05, 2012, 04:21:29 PM
Quote from: Ry60003333 on May 05, 2012, 03:51:26 PM
so its a person?

Why would he do that!?

So it wasn't Program and Mute?

It was, they created those accounts as well, and edited my post earlier to say Kevin.

Grievous

@Ry - Why have you devoted so much time to a game that barely anybody plays? You're obviously very talented, what are you studying?

Dug

This is terrible :(, I hope not a large bite of your project was taken =\.
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Thehate

Ry, what can I say, your so dedicated, times may be slow, but they will pick up again, they always have and always will! We adore you for doing this for us :)

Regards

Thehate
I'm a forum and server legend ;)