News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Nothing to do on here!

Started by Recoil, April 22, 2012, 04:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recoil

Has anyone else noticed on WS lately that everyone just sits around and follows each other? No one ever PK's anymore or anything. Half the people that are on are afk too (including me tbh, I see others not saying anything so I get bored and just leave the game up). There's honestly no solution to this, we can always get new players or bring old people back but I've found that's not the problem. Just doing things in-game is getting old and repetitive now. Train, follow each-other, mini-games. That's it. (Yes I'm aware I'm going to get a bunch of defensive jack-wads who will say "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T PLAY IT!" but that's not my point, I'm saying hardly anything happens anymore.) Honestly I'd prefer the WS when I first rejoined in January, the dramatic people that always complain (although most of them have quit or been banned) because it's just more interesting. I've given up on wanting the WS from when I first ever joined in 2010, because I know it won't be like that again.

Don't tell me there are plenty of people on, plenty of players. Because everyone that says that never gets on themselves. Just looking at the player count won't give you the truth, considering half those people just sit around now.

We can always have new mini-games such as zombies to preoccupy us, or holiday events but the problem is too immense for that (especially since a lot of the things added aren't really new, just re-added from previous years, although they are fun). A temporary medication doesn't cure a chronic disease.

Anyone else feel the same about this? (I know a lot of you do, even some staff that have said so) We've had many "WS is dying" topics out there but I feel like all those are thrown to the wolves every time, the hardcore lovers that feel like defending this game's reputation is their lifeline. Face the facts and quit sugarcoating. The whole mood has changed. Why would I make a topic about it if I thought it was untrue?

Ah well. No need for flaming at me btw, every topic I've made in the past about this (yes, there have been multiple) people lash out. Just read my post and think about it with an open mind.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Recoil

Quote from: Mute on April 22, 2012, 04:19:09 PM
And as you can tell, IRL shit has forced me into a bad mood. So expect more posts like this soon.
I've felt the same lately. Nothing's been happening IRL, but I've been in the mood to stir about conversation about this honestly. I wanna see what people think.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Kevin

The game isn't dying. The people are. There is plenty to do, I don't understand why you guys complain so much. Everyone sits around because you guys have all the items you can ever ask for. There is no economy. I would love to completely wipe out every single item in WorldScape and start all over. You guys always say "There is nothing to do. Come do a NPC Mania." I do them, and nobody participates. I host mini events off and on, and hardly anyone does anything. When I do give rewards people aren't even grateful. You guys need to re-think everything. Honestly, if you guys want to have fun again ::empty your whole bank and start from scratch. You will learn the true value of your items, and that will slowly fix the economy. Don't just give them away, I honestly mean delete them.

The game is doing just fine, the numbers of players online at once isn't doing so hot, but we get 20+ new players every day.

Recoil

Quote from: Kevin on April 22, 2012, 04:25:41 PM
The game isn't dying. The people are. There is plenty to do, I don't understand why you guys complain so much. Everyone sits around because you guys have all the items you can ever ask for. There is no economy. I would love to completely wipe out every single item in WorldScape and start all over. You guys always say "There is nothing to do. Come do a NPC Mania." I do them, and nobody participates. I host mini events off and on, and hardly anyone does anything. When I do give rewards people aren't even grateful. You guys need to re-think everything. Honestly, if you guys want to have fun again ::empty your whole bank and start from scratch. You will learn the true value of your items, and that will slowly fix the economy. Don't just give them away, I honestly mean delete them.

The game is doing just fine, the numbers of players online at once isn't doing so hot, but we get 20+ new players every day.
You make that sound very interesting about wiping out my bank. I think I'm gonna try to start making people do this.
Dem digits

Jake

I'l empty my bank just for the sake of other people's enjoyment lol. Of course, You wouldn't get the stuck up "legends' to empty there bank  ::)

The game is rather boring these days, I have to admit, but I don't let it get to the point where I afk and follow someone around. If it's that bad make a new pure or something.

Kryptonite

My bank was completely empty a month or two ago when I came back. Now I have a beret. And a bunch of other stuff. I was able to be occupied by getting skills up, and that's about it really. So yeah, it'll keep players temporarily interested if they do that, but they'll just get bored again.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Genuine

I don't have a bank, nor do I want one.
I've got about 5 items (FireCape, Strength Ammy, Rune Boots, Whip and B Gloves.) 

robinhood

VOTE

http://www.moparscape.org/serverstatus.php?action=up&server=world1.worldscapeblitz.com

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players

MORE PLAYERS=MORE FUN!

WorldScape Rebellion Oath

"I, usernamehere, hereby declare a time for change. I will not open a WorldScape client until our points are heard and responded to. I will not play the game until we have a fair economy. I will not play the game until we, The WorldScape Rebellion, have proven that this game is controlled by the attitudes of the players. I believe I can and will make change."

http://i.imgur.com/nvBbE.gif

Recoil

Did you read my post? I said the problem isn't player amount, it's what the players do.

And everyone knows how to vote.
Dem digits

James

Honestly, the bank wiping is an executive decision that you, Ryan, and Bill need to address more.  Even though this community is VERY community minded, you three have the deciding factor when it comes down to it.  In my honest opinion, it needs to be thrown on the table and completely discussed from an executive standpoint; decided upon; and acted upon soon as it is becoming a "hot topic" within the community itself.  There is no need for votes, or anything of that sort.  Anyone that disagrees to it is entitled to their opinion, but like I said, that is your decision to make.  If you three believe that the lack of an economy is one of the weaker points to the game, make an economy!  As I mentioned before, it's you three's decision; not the community at large.  With the bank wipe, sure it would irritate people.  But, with that whole thing you must compare the positives to the negatives to see which outweigh the other. 

And to every one complaining that WorldScape is dying, there is no one to point the blame towards.  Everyone is equally at fault.  Yes, the server could do with additional advertising, say a MoparScape sponsorship or something along that lines, but to get to that, you need a decent player base with a good amount of people willing to donate to the cause.  I see a lot of donators on this server, but donating one dollar one time isn't enough to keep the server alive.  Not that I've done my fair share: I donate approx. 10-20$ a month, and do absolutely no advertising.  I could get on other servers every day to advertise, and donate a lot more than that, but I don't: not because I can't, or not because I don't want too, but honestly I see no reason too with a community that is starting to degrade.  But I will get to that farther down the line.  The Advertisement team is also in place, and I'm not saying it is not effective or having any sort of opinion on certain people being a team of advertisers, but it's the server and administrative teams job to advertise as a whole, not just a particular group of people.

As for my comment about the community degrading:  I see two things.  Again, you can disagree with me all you want, but I'm a very opinionated person and that's just how I am.  First: I see a, pardon my french, sh*t load of whining and complaining.  Yes, everyone gets frustrated and there is a rants section for a reason.  But, the rant section is used in a completely wrong way.  It should be about valid complaints that you see throughout the server, about new updates that come out, and other things along those lines.  The way it is used right now seems to be a way for people to point the finger at each other looking for a reason why the server is dieing.  Which brings me to point two: DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.  This goes for everyone, myself, staff, and my fellow WS players alike.  Players: You see that the server is dying, does it help to make topic after topic about it?  If people come along and they see 4 topics in the unread posts about the server dying, do you think they will stay, advertise, or donate for that matter?  Staff: You see that people are angry with the way that things are going for the server: Give them an explanation.  Tell them why you do some things, why you're not doing some things, and what you plan to do to make the server a better one for all of us.  Me as a player:  Advertise, cheer people up, speak my mind, and don't be afraid of the consequences.

I didn't want to make a big long rant on this, much less reply to a topic in the rants section, but I feel it's a necessity for me to do so.  I believe that I have earned my right to speak my mind over the many years I've been here.  And this does not mean that I feel the community is dead, is dying, or is not dying.  I see the community...degrading. Becoming a weaker "family."  I don't like to see it, but it is happening, and it needs to stop.  If you read all of this, congratulations.  If you disagree, I'd love to hear your opinions and I'd love to discuss them with whoever.

Comic relief: I believe I spelled the word "dying" wrong about 100 times.  8)

d1stortor

Quote from: James on April 24, 2012, 01:36:55 AM

damn, I'm not even going to comment. His post made sense, so I'm not even going to try, lol. But you're right, I guess we all failed as a community. But, like you said. It's everyone's fault.
Honestly, the bank wiping is an executive decision that you, Ryan, and Bill need to address more.  Even though this community is VERY community minded, you three have the deciding factor when it comes down to it.  In my honest opinion, it needs to be thrown on the table and completely discussed from an executive standpoint; decided upon; and acted upon soon as it is becoming a "hot topic" within the community itself.  There is no need for votes, or anything of that sort.  Anyone that disagrees to it is entitled to their opinion, but like I said, that is your decision to make.  If you three believe that the lack of an economy is one of the weaker points to the game, make an economy!  As I mentioned before, it's you three's decision; not the community at large.  With the bank wipe, sure it would irritate people.  But, with that whole thing you must compare the positives to the negatives to see which outweigh the other. 

And to every one complaining that WorldScape is dying, there is no one to point the blame towards.  Everyone is equally at fault.  Yes, the server could do with additional advertising, say a MoparScape sponsorship or something along that lines, but to get to that, you need a decent player base with a good amount of people willing to donate to the cause.  I see a lot of donators on this server, but donating one dollar one time isn't enough to keep the server alive.  Not that I've done my fair share: I donate approx. 10-20$ a month, and do absolutely no advertising.  I could get on other servers every day to advertise, and donate a lot more than that, but I don't: not because I can't, or not because I don't want too, but honestly I see no reason too with a community that is starting to degrade.  But I will get to that farther down the line.  The Advertisement team is also in place, and I'm not saying it is not effective or having any sort of opinion on certain people being a team of advertisers, but it's the server and administrative teams job to advertise as a whole, not just a particular group of people.

As for my comment about the community degrading:  I see two things.  Again, you can disagree with me all you want, but I'm a very opinionated person and that's just how I am.  First: I see a, pardon my french, sh*t load of whining and complaining.  Yes, everyone gets frustrated and there is a rants section for a reason.  But, the rant section is used in a completely wrong way.  It should be about valid complaints that you see throughout the server, about new updates that come out, and other things along those lines.  The way it is used right now seems to be a way for people to point the finger at each other looking for a reason why the server is dieing.  Which brings me to point two: DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.  This goes for everyone, myself, staff, and my fellow WS players alike.  Players: You see that the server is dying, does it help to make topic after topic about it?  If people come along and they see 4 topics in the unread posts about the server dying, do you think they will stay, advertise, or donate for that matter?  Staff: You see that people are angry with the way that things are going for the server: Give them an explanation.  Tell them why you do some things, why you're not doing some things, and what you plan to do to make the server a better one for all of us.  Me as a player:  Advertise, cheer people up, speak my mind, and don't be afraid of the consequences.

I didn't want to make a big long rant on this, much less reply to a topic in the rants section, but I feel it's a necessity for me to do so.  I believe that I have earned my right to speak my mind over the many years I've been here.  And this does not mean that I feel the community is dead, is dying, or is not dying.  I see the community...degrading. Becoming a weaker "family."  I don't like to see it, but it is happening, and it needs to stop.  If you read all of this, congratulations.  If you disagree, I'd love to hear your opinions and I'd love to discuss them with whoever.

Comic relief: I believe I spelled the word "dying" wrong about 100 times.  8)
$$$ LIFE IS TIME, AND TIME IS MONEY! $$$

Diva La Viva

Reset all stats and banks, and make the money in this game actually worth something.

Recoil

James I highly agree with half of your reasoning. Especially th part about the Eco fix. I think it's great you guys let people vote on stuff, but it's a bit flawed when people rig the voting. The-fact-of-the-matter is people are too addicted to WorldScape to simply quit after you wipe out items. People would definitely complain at first, but would soon realize it's not that bad, maybe even better. Blitz is a different story, it's not like you're changing XP rates and changing the entire game. You're replacing the economy.

I have a gut feeling that when I say what I'm about to, the entire advertisement team will get extremely defensive. Don't take this in a negative way, because really; it isn't meant to be. But our probelm is NOT player count. It has taken me a long time to figure that out. It's player activity and player attitude. Yes, it would be more fun with 100s of active people online. But it can be just as fun if people wouldn't basically do nothing in-game. The truth is: there's nothing left to do. But, if the entire economy was wiped out, wouldn't you think that people would have more to do? Yes, we can wipe out our own banks and tell some friends to. But that won't change anything if others have thousands of duped items and 2bil in their banks. It's not the same Kevin, because then that will just make a poorer you and still the same ruined economy.
Dem digits

Diva La Viva

Quote from: Recoil on April 24, 2012, 09:29:15 AM
James I highly agree with half of your reasoning. Especially th part about the Eco fix. I think it's great you guys let people vote on stuff, but it's a bit flawed when people rig the voting. The-fact-of-the-matter is people are too addicted to WorldScape to simply quit after you wipe out items. People would definitely complain at first, but would soon realize it's not that bad, maybe even better. Blitz is a different story, it's not like you're changing XP rates and changing the entire game. You're replacing the economy.

I have a gut feeling that when I say what I'm about to, the entire advertisement team will get extremely defensive. Don't take this in a negative way, because really; it isn't meant to be. But our probelm is NOT player count. It has taken me a long time to figure that out. It's player activity and player attitude. Yes, it would be more fun with 100s of active people online. But it can be just as fun if people wouldn't basically do nothing in-game. The truth is: there's nothing left to do. But, if the entire economy was wiped out, wouldn't you think that people would have more to do? Yes, we can wipe out our own banks and tell some friends to. But that won't change anything if others have thousands of duped items and 2bil in their banks. It's not the same Kevin, because then that will just make a poorer you and still the same ruined economy.
Then delete all in-game accounts. Make a voting topic! Lets say we lose 5 players by doing it, and gain 10 people. Just for an example, of course.

James

Quote from: Diva La Viva on April 24, 2012, 12:16:46 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 24, 2012, 09:29:15 AM

Then delete all in-game accounts. Make a voting topic! Lets say we lose 5 players by doing it, and gain 10 people. Just for an example, of course.

I will explain this in an analogy to clear up my opinion on 'voting' for a decision: When the President/Prime Minister/Premier declares something, do you get a say?  The server administrators are called that for a reason. They make the executive decisions.  Having the community vote on anything would be pointless, as nothing would ever get accomplished because frankly, people don't like change.