News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

Jagex Bankruptsy!

Started by Mia, April 11, 2012, 01:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nate

runescape can never be what it used to. thats why rsps are being made to try to replicate and enhance good ideas runescape has had ;D

This is / isn't a serious post

Grievous

Quote from: Recoil on April 17, 2012, 05:19:07 PM
Quote from: Grievous on April 17, 2012, 05:12:30 PM
Alright, I'll try to break it down easy;

SoF = Not a Jagex decision, it was a decision made by American investors that wants to get their money paid back.

INVESTORS ! @@@
Why are you still trying to defend them? Decision-made or not, they're a bullshit company that had this coming to them for ages. Their stupid-ass money drunk decisions ran them out of business, due to no consideration for their players (well at first they did, but not in the end). It's a bullshit game now because they are (WERE, out of business now) money whores. Their actions and desires for the game were eventually driven by money, and it made them look so amazingly stupid they disobeyed their own damn rules. You don't go bankrupt for being a good company that cares for it's clients (in this case, their clients were the players). You think their all shits and giggles, that they just love every one of their players. Not once did I get rewarded for being a member for 8 years. In fact, my account was reset (along with all of the other old accounts) because they implemented a new system. It's not about care for them, just thinking of the little meetings they have to squeeze any extra pocket change out of every player possible makes me sick. They've brainwashed you with their (once owned) game, which to be honest is quite bullshit now.

*Sigh*

Do you know what an investor is? I'll tell you; He buys a part of the company! That means that they have certain rights. Investors probably doesn't give a rats ass about the game, and is trying earn their money back.

SoF =?????
Buy Banned Account = ??????????
Membership rise = ????????
Loyalty Programe = ???
14 days trail membership = ????

These aren't Jages' decision! You keep saying the same dumb arguments, but you're really not replying to my answer.

@Trade & Wildy : If you've played RS now, compared to before free trade, there are a lot of keylogging, phishing, luring, scamming, hacking, gambeling, RWTing, Botting and so on. The removal of free trade and wildy wasn't to make Jagex money, it was to protect their players, and to keep an healthy community. You don't seem to get that you can't leave a few world open for the 'old' wilderness. Because then the removal would be completely pointless, as you could just go die in the wildy, and your opponent would get the lewtz.

Anywho, prove me wrong.

Recoil

As far as your free trade-wildy argument, I posted about it here.
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:12:25 PM
Free trade should've never been taken out in the first place. What, to "stop the hackers from transferring items"? Oh, c'mon. Gimmie a damn break. If they hacked someone they could just keep the account (and probably would, considering they couldn't transfer the items to their main) making things even worse. At least people got their accounts back after most of the time, the old-school scam was to take all their valuables, fill their ignore list with new names like  (Hey, I Hacked, You, You Bish), but they wouldn't change the password, mostly because they wanted them to see what they'd done to get some satisfaction out of it. Without free trade they didn't do this, they'd keep the accounts if they hacked at all, which is worse than just losing your items. Jagex backfired on their "great idea" that some dipwad probably brought up in a meeting in hopes of getting promoted (seems legit) Lol.

These stupid things are the things that piss me off. They never thought these things through like that.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

I Merk

Recoil

Quote from: I Merk on April 19, 2012, 11:48:40 AM
Business is business.
And their business is to ultimately get more players, because more players=more money. If you make the players mad, you'll have less business (players).
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

I Merk

Then they work on bringing new players in. It's just going to be a cycle.

Voltimolt

When I was 8, runescape had 1.2m players online.

They killed it in my opinion when:
- they made High Detail. (RS 317 was the best.)
- they introduced trade limits.
- took wilderness out and added PvP worlds.

And now from what I am hearing, I'm adding a few more things:
- when they added SoF.
- Loyalty Programme.

They killed it.

Imagine a worldwide project on a RSPS coded by freelance Java/C++ coders. (You can host a server with C++[not the client], pretty new, not used though)
It would make a better game then RuneScape.

Recoil

Quote from: Voltimolt on April 21, 2012, 07:15:12 AM
When I was 8, runescape had 1.2m players online.

They killed it in my opinion when:
- they made High Detail. (RS 317 was the best.)
- they introduced trade limits.
- took wilderness out and added PvP worlds.

They killed it.
Marry me.
Dem digits