News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

Jagex Bankruptsy!

Started by Mia, April 11, 2012, 01:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mia

So, Wanna know why they're offering money for everything now? Like, buying free spins etc? well your answers are here!!

After some hard research, I have come across tonnes of news about Jagex/Runescape going bankrupt. Now, they sold their company to another company that tries to ake as much money for Jagex as they can, which, explains all the "buy" options.

So, it's true.  Bye bye Rs & Hello RS private servers!

Wild

Saw this on the runescape forums, they said that was not true.

Quote from: caponer on March 04, 2010, 10:15:40 AM
My goal is to **** at least 50 girls this year,
Drink at least 100 liter beer,
Smoke 10 or more joints,

Mia

Quote from: Wild on April 11, 2012, 01:37:20 PM
Saw this on the runescape forums, they said that was not true.
They have to hide these things, it's against policy if they share information about it.

Yoho

Or they might turn to suing RSPS/RSbots.

nate

Quote from: Yoho on April 11, 2012, 02:36:23 PM
Or they might turn to suing RSPS/RSbots.

see what happens when they try to sue a 12 year old kid. lol. how low can they stoop?  ;D

This is / isn't a serious post

Yoho

I guess that's why they haven't done it in the past. (A lot anyway) But the financial predicament they're in, they might just have to do that.  :-\ 

Free Legend

This is really interesting, I knew it'd happen soon enough..

Chaoslancex

to be honest i have the money to do what i want so i went on runescape, and i haven't played in a while my bro plays for me hahaha shhh anyhow cause i kinda quit, anyhow i bought two 20 spins for $9.99 each.

and the next day on my bank statement jagex had charged me 4 $19.99 charges i dont know for what but i my bank anti-fraud called me and asked me about it and i was like wtf i did not make do that, they told me to get a hold of Jagex and ask them to return the money or my bank would get involved and they would get my money back if Jagex refuse to give me it back when i asked, i sent Jagex and Email letting them know whats up and they got back to me today and told me that the money would be return haha at least im getting it back god damn Jagex trying to fk me over psh thank god for my bank calling me cause if not i would of not notice it haha....

Jake

Quote from: Chaoslancex on April 11, 2012, 09:22:05 PM
to be honest i have the money to do what i want so i went on runescape, and i haven't played in a while my bro plays for me hahaha shhh anyhow cause i kinda quit, anyhow i bought two 20 spins for $9.99 each.

and the next day on my bank statement jagex had charged me 4 $19.99 charges i dont know for what but i my bank anti-fraud called me and asked me about it and i was like wtf i did not make do that, they told me to get a hold of Jagex and ask them to return the money or my bank would get involved and they would get my money back if Jagex refuse to give me it back when i asked, i sent Jagex and Email letting them know whats up and they got back to me today and told me that the money would be return haha at least im getting it back god damn Jagex trying to fk me over psh thank god for my bank calling me cause if not i would of not notice it haha....
Could you imagine how many 12 year olds they could fool with this though?

Also you guys do realize that if Runescape shuts down then Runescape Private Servers (Like this one) have little room to excel any further. Seeing as I don't think anyones going to make a high Client, Like 508 317 etc, and the items would have to eventually be custom.

Don't get too happy, Just yet.

Kryptonite

Quote from: Chaoslancex on April 11, 2012, 09:22:05 PM

Wait... 20 spins for $10 each? That's like $200... And 4 $20 charges is only $80?

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Jake

Two 20 Spins at 10$ each.

20 spins, 10$ each. He brought to of them.

Kryptonite

Ohhh lol. I got it now, thanks.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Jake

Quote from: Kryptonite on April 11, 2012, 10:06:11 PM
Ohhh lol. I got it now, thanks.
Yeah, Little confusion there Kane ma boy :)

Sean

Unfortunately Jagex has in the past opened their doors to investors. This in return may have changed the way Jagex uses their products as a way to get money.

Obviously I can only infer that the investments made to Jagex are not only for RuneScape, but for future games Jagex plans to release.

http://www.jagex.com/corporate/Press/releaseInvestment.ws

Jake

The way there going they're lucky to have people playing the one game they have.  :-\