News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Jagex - The Idiots

Started by X, April 02, 2012, 02:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Grievous

"Hey,

1) They enable you to buy spins, the thing that people don't really understand is that it actually has very little impact on the game itself and that it's being highly exaggerated. Yes it's a new form of income for Jagex, but they're a business and especially as Optimus is coming soon, which means they'll finish off the last of the bots - They'll kind of need it, it's business. It also means that it'll enable better content for all of us, without having the massive impact on the game that people are exaggerating it to be.

People are saying "It enables you to buy XP/Money" - Wrong. You buy the CHANCE at getting XP in the form of lamps on the Squeal, there is no average XP you gain as it's all completely randomized which is what people are forgetting, hence making it kind of a waste of money meaning that people won't want to do it.

You don't buy money because none of the "Lucky" items are tradeable, the only money you can get is the 10M gp which is insanely rare, it's not even feasible to say it's remotely buyable. I know nobody who has gotten it yet.

2) It's a change - It seems everybody hates these even when they're for the better. Jagex are obviously trying a different approach to the events, which honestly I think the Easter event involved the Community a bit more, and made the entire event more interesting than the previous solo Quests that they have done in the past.

3) You're complaining about nothing.

4) As mentioned above, it's business - It enables them to create better content and Gameplay for us.

5) I explained above, you are not guaranteed XP or gold for your money/spins. You buy the CHANCE.

6) Forum Mods are just moderating the forums. If you express behaviour that is not suitable for a public forum, then there's a reason it will be moderated. Keep your posts within the rules, and with a good attitude and they won't be hidden or locked.

Hope that answered a few of your Questions.

~Rogie"

Explained VERY well.

- Jagex are far from going bankrupt.

Recoil

I see what you're trying to get at, but I don't think you understand they go against their own f*cking code of conduct by doing this. Dunno why you feel so compelled to defend them. I'm being purely objective here.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Jake

Jagex seriously has pushed their game too far. If they kept the normal, Classic, layout of the old Jagex were every world was packed filled with happy players then they would still be packed today. Maybe with a few graphic tweaks.

Obviously there money is kept by monkey or they're buying too many medieval hookers, Either way they're gonna hit rock bottom soon.

Wild

I don't really care about what they do with the game, i don't take runescape that serious.

Quote from: caponer on March 04, 2010, 10:15:40 AM
My goal is to **** at least 50 girls this year,
Drink at least 100 liter beer,
Smoke 10 or more joints,

Jake

Quote from: Wild on April 11, 2012, 09:59:38 AM
I don't really care about what they do with the game, i don't take runescape that serious.
I don't think anyone does, We just enjoy ripping off the game that made this game possible  ::)

Free Legend

Quote from: Recoil on April 02, 2012, 02:54:10 PM
I just lost the little respect I had for Jagex.

We lost it in like 2009.

nate

Quote from: Free Legend on April 11, 2012, 06:04:17 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 02, 2012, 02:54:10 PM
I just lost the little respect I had for Jagex.

We lost it in like 2009.

2007 was when free trade was taken away, if thats what you were refering too

This is / isn't a serious post

Recoil

@Trade - I agree it's helpful to see the value, but couldn't they've just showed the value and allow you to trade regardless?

@Wilderness - There was no point in taking Wildy away completely. I too wished there were at least a few worlds with it. Pking made the game for a lot of people, causing a lot of my friends to quit.

I think it was the fact they applied those updates both at once, it made it seem like a different game and people freaked out. I still stuck with it for a bit then just said f*ck it.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

nate

the reason wilderness was taken out was because there was no possible way to cut the free trade unless pvp was taken out to. so in a since, they are both the same thing. thats what lost all the runescape players.

This is / isn't a serious post

Recoil

Quote from: nate on April 18, 2012, 03:23:45 PM
the reason wilderness was taken out was because there was no possible way to cut the free trade unless pvp was taken out to. so in a since, they are both the same thing. thats what lost all the runescape players.
Free trade should've never been taken out in the first place. What, to "stop the hackers from transferring items"? Oh, c'mon. Gimmie a damn break. If they hacked someone they could just keep the account (and probably would, considering they couldn't transfer the items to their main) making things even worse. At least people got their accounts back after most of the time, the old-school scam was to take all their valuables, fill their ignore list with new names like  (Hey, I Hacked, You, You Bish), but they wouldn't change the password, mostly because they wanted them to see what they'd done to get some satisfaction out of it. Without free trade they didn't do this, they'd keep the accounts if they hacked at all, which is worse than just losing your items. Jagex backfired on their "great idea" that some dipwad probably brought up in a meeting in hopes of getting promoted (seems legit) Lol.

These stupid things are the things that piss me off. They never thought these things through like that.
Dem digits