News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

Zombies Minigame Guide

Started by Kryptonite, March 19, 2012, 11:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryptonite

Hey guys. My main goal for this is to create the ultimate zombies guide that will help you be the best you can be at the new zombies minigame.

Contents

• Basics
  • Setup
  • Recommended stats
  • City Order
  • Best Possible Gear
  • Drops
  • Notable drops tactics
  • Killing tactics
  • Healing tactics
  • Small team tactics
  • Large team tactics
  • Rewards

1. Basics
The new zombies minigame was released on March 19, 2012. You can play this minigame by typing the command ::zombie or ::zombies. In the minigame, you will experience waves of 200 zombies that will all swarm on you at once. This minigame will require some good stats and tactics if you want to complete it. It is meant to be challenging. Prayer and banking are disabled in the minigame, as well as the ::runes, ::food, and ::theshop commands. A minimum of 2 people are required for the game to start. You will receive 100 of each rune when the game starts.

2. Setup
Upon entering the zombies minigame, all of your items equipped and in your inventory will be banked. You cannot access the bank at any point during the minigame. But, despite this, there are still a few things you can do before entering to give yourself an advantage.

- Drink a super attack, strength, and defence potion before starting. Defence is probably the most important. This will prevent you from needing to search for potion drops during the minigame.

Can't actually think of anything else at the moment.

3. Recommended Stats
The following stats will help you out a ton:

- 92 magic for blood barrage
- High hitpoints and defence levels (120+)
- High strength and attack levels (100+)

4. City Order
Each time the wave of 200 zombies is killed, everyone in the minigame will be brought to the next city where another wave of 200 zombies spawns. You will go through the cities in this order:

Lumbridge, Varrock, Falador, Yanille, West Ardougne

5. Best Possible Gear
The best possible obtainable gear in the zombies minigame as of March 19, 2012 is as follows:

Head: Gas mask
Amulet: Amulet of fury
Cape: Cape of legends
Weapon: Abyssal whip
Body: Rune platebody
Shield: Rune kiteshield
Legs: Rune platelegs/skirt
Gloves: Barrows gloves
Ring: Berserker ring

Some people may argue that the Saradomin Godsword is better for a weapon, but I would say the whip is better since: a) it has a much faster attacking speed, b) you can have a shield with the whip, and defence is extremely important in zombies, and c) the whip hits more consistently than the godsword, making it all around better.

6. Notable Drops
The zombies will drop tons of random items. You can and should take them and use them to your advantage. I would recommend picking up the first armor, gloves, and shield that you find just so you won't be getting destroyed as much by mobs of zombies. Once you have done this, start picking up better armor and drop your old armor for inventory space.

7. Helpful things to pick up
These will all help you out in some way or another. I did not include equipment in here because that's a bit obvious.

- Super attack, strength, and defence potions - Help you survive longer and deal more damage
- Saradomin godsword - the special attack is really helpful when running out of health and you have no food or blood barrages left
- Cooked meat - Heals 13 health and will spare you a few blood barrages
- Blood, soul, and death runes - Take these drops!!!! You will need them for blood barrage casts. Drop all other runes for inventory space.

8. Killing tactics
For killing the zombies, I recommend you use a one-handed weapon so you can have a shield. A whip is perfect for this. Do not waste your blood barrages. Use them only when your health is low and when you have a large group of zombies all standing in one spot to cast them on (6+). The more zombies that you hit with the spell, the more effective it is.

9. Healing tactics
For healing, you should use the following tactics, in the order listed:

1 - Eat cooked meat
2 - Saradomin godsword special attack (if no cooked meat)
3 - Blood barrage (if no cooked meat or saradomin godsword with special attack 50% or higher)

10. Small team tactics
If you're going to be playing with a team of only a few people (about 2 - 5), you need to make the most of your resources. One good tactic is to get everyone to run into a corner and stand on the same spot, therefore gathering all of the zombies into one spot and blood barraging the huge group. They will die very quickly and you will kill them out fast too. Do not expect to finish the minigame with a small group. It is extremely difficult to do. Also, use barricades if you need a break from all the zombies. Set them up in a way that will stop the zombies for a few seconds. You can only set up 3 at a time, so use them wisely.

11. Large team tactics
These are a bit more simple. Just spread out and kill the groups of zombies that attack you. More people means less zombies attacking each person, making it easier. I would strongly recommend a bigger team to play this with. Barricades aren't as important here, but they could still help to some degree.

12. Rewards
Each time the minigame ends, you will get reward tokens. You will get the same amount of tokens as kills, plus a few more depending on the situation. You can spend these at ::draynor to buy the following rewards:

Dragonfire shield (3,500 tokens)
Dragon full helm (3,500 tokens)
Elegant top and bottoms (1,250 tokens each)
10th squad sigil (4,000 tokens)
Fighter hat (1,750 tokens)
Hell kitten (15,000 tokens)

WARNING: Unlike the camp shop, you will NOT be able to sell your items back to this shop, so make sure you make your purchases wisely, because you cannot get refunds.

Anyway, I hope this guide helps you with any of your zombies needs.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Desolate

Great guide  :D. May I also add, the whip hits more consistently than the Godsword thus making it more reliable. I just re-read the guide, are you sure it's 200 zombies that spawn each round?

Kryptonite

Quote from: Jarred on March 19, 2012, 11:53:58 PM
Great guide  :D. May I also add, the whip hits more consistently than the Godsword thus making it more reliable.
Thanks ;) Love it when people contribute to stuff like this.

weed

Wild

This is a very helpfull guide, keep the good work up!

Quote from: caponer on March 04, 2010, 10:15:40 AM
My goal is to **** at least 50 girls this year,
Drink at least 100 liter beer,
Smoke 10 or more joints,

Dug

Well done, I knew someone would beat me to it  ;).
May i add, that the use of barricades are useful when also running on low health to distract those horrible brain eaters.
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Kryptonite

Haha thanks. I don't know how I forgot about that.

weed

Recoil

Best guide-maker I've seen.

Read the whole guide. It may seem obvious about that small group tactic where you said to all go in one place and barrage, but I would've never thought of that.

I feel like I always say "We need to do a vid on this" and then we never do. So... We need to do a vid on this.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

brianc

Hello,

I would like to say thank you very much for the tactics that you have put out to the community in regards to the new addition the AllGoFree play pin known as Zombie Apocalypse.

Key point on the amount of detail as for the small team tactics and large team tactics fit hand & hand and in a well put manner.

I hope to see more great guides posted.

Regards,
Brian Crowell

Kevin

Everything seems correct, except for the Spawn, it's not 200. It's based off all the players combat level.

Kryptonite

Oh .-. it always seemed like 200. Can you post the formula for it? :D

weed

Skyro

Quote from: Kryptonite on March 20, 2012, 06:57:59 PM
Oh .-. it always seemed like 200. Can you post the formula for it? :D
Yeah a formula would be good to see.

The minigame is also really good, so we should have an event soon and get one of the staff to telepotr everyone in the game and see if we can get 1,000 tokens each (1,000 kills each).

Quote from: Dug on April 03, 2012, 02:23:36 AM
I'm glad i don't play with myself, otherwise, Jack would be raging at me. :P

Please check out my Goals for 2012.

Dug

Quote from: Skyro on March 20, 2012, 08:49:30 PM
The minigame is also really good, so we should have an event soon and get one of the staff to telepotr everyone in the game and see if we can get 1,000 tokens each (1,000 kills each).
No no no no no, soo against that.
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Recoil

Quote from: Skyro on March 20, 2012, 08:49:30 PM
The problem with this is that everyone would get all of the shop items then, andit would extremely devalue those items.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

nate

Quote from: Kryptonite on March 19, 2012, 11:48:38 PM
WARNING: Unlike the camp shop, you will NOT be able to sell your items back to this shop, so make sure you make your purchases wisely, because you cannot get refunds.

you are now unable to sell items back to the camp shop. but nice guide!!  ;D

This is / isn't a serious post

Jake

Good guide, You explained everything well and you kept it simple.

Props.