News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

What do you guys think?

Started by X, March 17, 2012, 06:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Ryan program a working Fight caves minigame with the reward being a Fire Cape?

Yes, this game needs more skill!
34 (72.3%)
No! Keep it dupable and unskillful!
13 (27.7%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Recoil

Quote from: Grievous on March 26, 2012, 03:33:55 PM
oh I've got another idea! Let's remove every barrow piece, barrow gloves, and amulets! Make the amulets yourself, quest for the barrow gloves for 60+ hours (yes, I've got 'em on RS) and make the drop rate of a barrow item 1/25 - 1hour. gj guys, meh, we've all got time ey? this game is so messed up.
It's called working for items. If you're not willing to then you simply won't get them, and quite honestly if half the people don't get an item because they're lazy is a good thing, it separates the skilled and the unskilled. You don't get shit handed to you in Life.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

nate

Quote from: Recoil on March 26, 2012, 05:37:05 PM
oh I've got another idea! Let's remove every barrow piece, barrow gloves, and amulets! Make the amulets yourself, quest for the barrow gloves for 60+ hours (yes, I've got 'em on RS) and make the drop rate of a barrow item 1/25 - 1hour. gj guys, meh, we've all got time ey? this game is so messed up.
It's called working for items. If you're not willing to then you simply won't get them, and quite honestly if half the people don't get an item because they're lazy is a good thing, it separates the skilled and the unskilled. You don't get shit handed to you in Life.

this, +1

This is / isn't a serious post

Kevin

Let's set some thing straight. If you don't like the game, it is easy to just log out and never come back, if you are going to sit here and be sarcastic on the forums all day, I am just going to mute you. I am getting tired of reading it from you. And since when is there 25 hours in a day? And the Barrows drop system was set up exactly like RuneScape's was for Blitz, nobody cared then, and it is still the same now, expect for Barrows items, they get 3rd age, hilts, ect. Now, it does take 60 hours to get barrows gloves. I did the quests in under a day, and then the next day finished Recipe for Disaster. It isn't a hard quest, and never will be. We aren't going to be adding that kind of crap to the game.

The firecape is going to be making things for people to get and to be proud of, and it will be a single player Mini-game, so that allows people to do the mini-game whenever they please.

For everyone else saying we need to add Saradomin Brews/Super Restores They didn't have them when Fight Caves originally came out, so why would we need them now. Like Alex said, we have 135 in all the stats, on RuneScape potting up with overloads only gets you 125, and you can pot on top of our 135 to level 154. I am pretty sure you guys will be just fine.

Recoil

Actually you can get 159 from potting but I agree with your point. The thought of people having to work hard for an item etc is glorious to me. It will separate the truly dedicated to those who are lazy. It's like with bandos now, everyone has it from simply donating, whereas before it was something to work for.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

garrdrenn1

Quote from: Kevin on April 04, 2012, 12:22:47 PM

Let's set some thing straight. If you don't like the game, it is easy to just log out and never come back, if you are going to sit here and be sarcastic on the forums all day, I am just going to mute you. I am getting tired of reading it from you. And since when is there 25 hours in a day? And the Barrows drop system was set up exactly like RuneScape's was for Blitz, nobody cared then, and it is still the same now, expect for Barrows items, they get 3rd age, hilts, ect. Now, it does take 60 hours to get barrows gloves. I did the quests in under a day, and then the next day finished Recipe for Disaster. It isn't a hard quest, and never will be. We aren't going to be adding that kind of crap to the game.

The firecape is going to be making things for people to get and to be proud of, and it will be a single player Mini-game, so that allows people to do the mini-game whenever they please.

For everyone else saying we need to add Saradomin Brews/Super Restores They didn't have them when Fight Caves originally came out, so why would we need them now. Like Alex said, we have 135 in all the stats, on RuneScape potting up with overloads only gets you 125, and you can pot on top of our 135 to level 154. I am pretty sure you guys will be just fine.

+1

nate

so thats the word. kevin already said its going to happen. no need to argue anymore. ;D

Recoil

Also, I've been meaning to say something about every time it comes down to a big decision in WS. This seems like a broken record to me, where AllGoFree developers have a great idea to enhance the game, then they leave it up to the players to decide. Which I support, but the way gone about doing it is not smart. Making topics on a forum isn't the best way, because then people will make 10 accounts and vote all one answer that they favor (Sound familiar, economy fix?) And the bad thing is, the answer they rig is 90% of the time an answer which will downgrade the economy or game itself. In this case the votes display it supporting that YES to the Fight Caves, which I'm happy about. But in the future I really think that AllGoFree staff should vote individually. Either that or find a better way to let the community vote (although I really don't see any other way). I think that the staff should decide because you come up with the ideas such as the economy fix and whether (the mostly lazy) people are willing to admit it or not, fixes like these enhance the game because it requires more skill involved. I'm getting tired of 9 year olds making 10 accounts and suddenly decide the fate of this game.
Dem digits

Kryptonite

Quote from: Kevin on April 04, 2012, 12:22:47 PM

Everything said here... Just so much WIN.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

garrdrenn1

Quote from: Recoil on April 04, 2012, 07:50:51 PM
Also, I've been meaning to say something about every time it comes down to a big decision in WS. This seems like a broken record to me, where AllGoFree developers have a great idea to enhance the game, then they leave it up to the players to decide. Which I support, but the way gone about doing it is not smart. Making topics on a forum isn't the best way, because then people will make 10 accounts and vote all one answer that they favor (Sound familiar, economy fix?) And the bad thing is, the answer they rig is 90% of the time an answer which will downgrade the economy or game itself. In this case the votes display it supporting that YES to the Fight Caves, which I'm happy about. But in the future I really think that AllGoFree staff should vote individually. Either that or find a better way to let the community vote (although I really don't see any other way). I think that the staff should decide because you come up with the ideas such as the economy fix and whether (the mostly lazy) people are willing to admit it or not, fixes like these enhance the game because it requires more skill involved. I'm getting tired of 9 year olds making 10 accounts and suddenly decide the fate of this game.

As for the voting part, they could make a topic and let people post their votes as a reply. Then all the topic starter would have to do is keep a tally. +1 btw.

Recoil

Quote from: garrdrenn1 on April 04, 2012, 08:38:00 PM
As for the voting part, they could make a topic and let people post their votes as a reply. Then all the topic starter would have to do is keep a tally.
There's a thought
Dem digits

nate

make voting for ip? or maybe for accounts over a certain cb lvl ingame so that the people who actually play in the community get to vote rather then the people who are lvl 100 that just want easy items.

this is a serious post

Recoil

Quote from: nate on April 04, 2012, 10:55:22 PM
make voting for ip? or maybe for accounts over a certain cb lvl ingame so that the people who actually play in the community get to vote rather then the people who are lvl 100 that just want easy items.

this is a serious post
I don't think there's a way to make voting for IP, but maybe for a certain amount of posts. I like Garrett's idea of no poll just replies, that way it's not anonymous and they can track the IP.

But I have once again derailed an important topic. Idk if this is a done deal yet, but if it isn't, then please do continue with the discussion.
Dem digits

D E A T H

Quote from: Recoil on March 26, 2012, 05:37:05 PM

TROLOLOLLOLOLOLOOL
I would rather spend my time mowing all of my neighborhoods grass for free than get a little pixel for 60+ hours.......

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 22, 2014, 05:13:18 PM
How do you have a picture of Ryan's fridge...?

Kryptonite

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Recoil

Quote from: D E A T H on April 05, 2012, 07:24:04 PM
TROLOLOLLOLOLOLOOL
I would rather spend my time mowing all of my neighborhoods grass for free than get a little pixel for 60+ hours.......
Great. Add another lazy person to the list then. Won't stop me from getting it.
Dem digits