News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

Auto Log out

Started by I Merk, March 12, 2012, 02:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I Merk

Well, it's pretty simple to be honest. When an account hasn't done an action in around 5 minutes it gets logged out. This may help when an account is stuck online and you won't go online to find half the players AFK.  ;)

Recoil

This is called an afk timer. I personally am not a fan of it, I've played with it before and you'll find it gets annoying. If you get stuck you can just log in a different account and ask for it to be kicked.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

gomes97

This Will be good for botting

made by Predator
Highlights:
Number 2 attack
Death zone ex dcd and Co owner
Number 2 best dutch pker.
Got voting legandray pker
3rd best pker
Ex team Psycho owner

Dug

As much as i support this, some players may want to afk for 5 minutes, because they have dinner.. or some other event they must attend, and they might not want to be kicked =\.
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

I Merk

If I'm away for more then five minutes I log out. Also, Mods & Admins aren't on 24/7 to kick you. I was stuck online once and asked the only Mod online to kick me, turns out he was AFK for about 10 minutes... I don't think there is any downsides to this either.

Mia

I think this should be applied to NON STAFF members.  Staff would have no timer so they can keep eye.

TROLOLOLOLOL

Quote from: Mia on March 18, 2012, 01:09:30 AM
I think this should be applied to NON STAFF members.  Staff would have no timer so they can keep eye.
I believe it should be the complete opposite. It's annoying as hell to see staff members afk because if you need help and you're all like "HEY" for 10 minutes, you're just like "wtf..." But it's completely expected for players to be afk all the time. Therefore, if you're going to apply it, definitely do it to the staff members, since their job is to help people, and it does no good to have someone who is supposed to help you if they are afk. If they're keeping an eye on the game, then they aren't afk.

Desolate

I agree with Trololblahblah.. Most of the time, when you need a staff member the most, it turns out that they've been away for twenty minutes.. Some of the staff have the power to read the chat logs anyway, so keeping an eye on everyone isn't a problem. Even if something does happen, It's called the report abuse button and if it's a serious issue I'm sure someone can message a staff member on the forums. If this is applied, I believe that everyone should have the auto-log, or no one at all.  :)
Just my opinion..

Recoil

I completely agree, it's annoying as hell when staff members go AFK for 30 minutes without saying anything. Great point on it doesn't really matter if a player is because players arent expected to say anything at all if they don't want to. I see no point in applying it to just non-staff.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Skyro

Quote from: Recoil on March 12, 2012, 03:09:57 PM
This is called an afk timer.
Obviously, i could of got my 8 year old cousin to tell me that.

I also think this should be implemented, hands down.

Quote from: Dug on April 03, 2012, 02:23:36 AM
I'm glad i don't play with myself, otherwise, Jack would be raging at me. :P

Please check out my Goals for 2012.

Recoil

Quote from: Skyro on March 18, 2012, 01:40:45 AM
Quote from: Recoil on March 12, 2012, 03:09:57 PM
This is called an afk timer.
There's no point to dog on me for informing him.

You're unstable.
Dem digits

TROLOLOLOLOL

Quote from: Skyro on March 18, 2012, 01:40:45 AM

Obviously.*
Could have gotten*
Eight year-old*

I Merk

I know what it is. I wouldn't of suggested it if I didn't know what the f*ck it was.

TROLOLOLOLOL

Quote from: I Merk on March 18, 2012, 03:53:34 PM
I know what it is. I wouldn't of suggested it if I didn't know what the f*ck it was.

Wouldn't have*

Recoil

Having OCD about people's posts? No need to fear, The Grammar Nazi Police is here.
Dem digits