News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

Guide to 135 Thieving

Started by Kryptonite, March 12, 2012, 12:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryptonite

So, since the thieving skill just came out, I figured I should get a detailed guide that will help people get 135 thieving as fast as possible. So, here we go.

Basics
For those of you who don't know, thieving is a skill where you steal things. Usually, Thieving is thought of as a skill to make some profit of some sort, but in WorldScape, you can expect to make no sort of real profit from Thieving. The main purpose of training this stat would be to have more XP, total level, skillcapes, etc. Otherwise, you won't get much out of it.

Methods
These are the current methods of training Thieving that are coded into the game:

• Pickpocketing

These are methods of training that may be added in the future, but are not yet coded into WorldScape:

• Stealing from stalls
  • Picking locks
  • Pyramid Plunder (doubt it will ever be added)

Pickpocketing: Setup
Before you start pickpocketing, I would recommend wearing only a bow. Do not wear any arrows. Doing this, your character will not attack any NPC's if you accidentally click "Attack" while trying to pickpocket. Also, if you wear nothing else, you won't lose anything when you die, and won't have to bother picking up anything and you can get right back to training.

Make sure you are on the 317 client. This will be explained later.

I wouldn't really recommend food since it takes time that you could be spending pickpocketing. If you do die, you can simply teleport back to the location in seconds and begin thieving again.

Set your mouse buttons to 1. This way, you won't have to be bothered with right clicking. You can simply click the NPC once and the pull-down menu will pop up. This isn't that big of a deal if you are using a mouse, but if you're on a laptop and using a trackpad, it will help you out a ton. This can only be done on the 317 client, so make sure you play on that. If you don't know where to do this, see the picture below:

Clear your inventory, and you're ready to go.

Pickpocketing: Levels 1 - 40: Men/Women
Men and women are found all over. The best place to pickpocket them is in Lumbridge since it's easily accessible. These levels won't take long at all. Men and women each give 2,000 experience for each successful pickpocket.

Pickpocketing: Levels 40 - 80: Guards
Pickpocket regular guards. These require level 40 thieving to pickpocket. You can either do this in ::ardy or ::falador. Guards will grant 11,700 experience each time you successfully pickpocket them. Wait until level 80 to move on to Knights of Ardougne to save yourself from failing over and over again.

Pickpocketing: Levels 80 - 110: Knights of Ardougne
These are found at ::Ardy. They require level 55 thieving to pickpocket. There are two of them, and each will give 21,075 experience for each pickpocket. Do this until level 110. At that point, move on.

Pickpocketing: Levels 110 - 135: Heros
Now for your final step as far as pickpocketing. Wait until level 110 to pickpocket heros if you don't want to find yourself failing way too much. Heros require a thieving level of 80 to pickpocket, and give 68,325 experience each.

Well, hopefully this guide helps you a bit if you're looking to get 135 thieving. Enjoy.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Wild

This is just the perfect guide since it has everything.

10/10

Quote from: caponer on March 04, 2010, 10:15:40 AM
My goal is to **** at least 50 girls this year,
Drink at least 100 liter beer,
Smoke 10 or more joints,

Recoil

Dude Kane we need to do a vid on this :)
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Dug

Bravo, Sir. Job well done. *pats Kane on the back*
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Kryptonite

weed

Neon

Quite interesting, and helpful. Much thanks, Kane.
So

Freakin'

OG
Quote from: Jake on July 07, 2012, 09:29:25 PM
There's no such thing as *Fap Fap Fap* breaks. Only breaks from *Fap Fap Fap*  ::)

richard

Jake

Awesome guide. You guides are always good, you should make more  ::)

Kryptonite

Quote from: Jake on April 10, 2012, 08:03:04 PM
Awesome guide. You guides are always good, you should make more  ::)
Can't think of anything to make one on :(

weed

Jake

How to Pk, Then people will start Pking maybe.

Joris

Best guide i've seen so far, good job

10/10