News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Raidcall/Ventrillo.

Started by Mia, March 02, 2012, 12:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mia

Hi there everyone,
As most of you all know, I'm back!

I was talking to Jose, he said that it's a good suggestion to ask..
What about Vent/Raidcall?

Vent is : Ventrilo 3.0.0 is the next evolutionary step of Voice over IP (VoIP) group communications software. Ventrilo is also the industry standard by which all others measure themselves as they attempt to imitate its features.

By offering surround sound positioning and special sound effects on a per user, per channel, per server or global configuration level the program provides each user the option to fully customize exactly how they wish to hear sounds from other users or events.

Ventrilo is best known for it's superior sound quality and minimal use of CPU resources so as not to interfere with day to day operations of the computer or during online game competitions. It is also preferred for the simple user interface that any first time computer user can very quickly learn because the most commonly used features are immediately visible and can be activated with a single click of the mouse.

BUT you cant chat, like IRC.

Raidcall is : A free,low-latency voice communcation tool for gamers. - Which also includes IRC.

How about that? :)

Yes i know we use skype etc.. but i believe this is better.

Kevin

We actually started to make a Vent server a while back. With Ventrilo I was going to host the server at my house on one of my computers, but the thing is, you can only have a certain amount of ranks, and a certain amount of people in the server at once, unless you buy a server to host it for you, which is ran through Ventrilo. We may end up doing that though, just depends on how many people are actually going to use it.

Mia

Really?  What about use Raidcall? you can moderate, chat, have as many people in their (I think) and do all the things you need.

Recoil

I'm all in for this, I also know 2 or 3 others who would be glad to hear this.. It would make it so I don't have to open Skype
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

nate

what about the 12 year olds that say they are 30??? they might get found out??  ;D

This is / isn't a serious post

Recoil

Quote from: nate on March 02, 2012, 05:47:40 PM
what about the 12 year olds that say they are 30??? they might get found out??  ;D
Is that necessarily bad? :P

Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

nate

its a joke lol. cause almost everyone under the age of 13 says they are like 17 or something  ;D

Jake

Completely irrelevant. C'mon guys.

A Vent server would be awesome. This has been discussed many times on the suggestion board and hasn't really pulled through. Hopefully this time it will.

nate

once we get things going in this server (nagging on you kevin and ryan  ;D ;D) then its smooth sailing

Mia

I am making a RAIDCALL channel for WS right now.   Feel free to download it!