News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Referer's Rewards

Started by Recoil, March 04, 2012, 10:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recoil

Hey everyone. We all know that AGF staff work hard to make WS a better place, but I think a lot of players go unnoticed from helping WorldScape. So I've come up with this idea.

I've frowned upon giving voters rewards because then you have the issue of botting and whatnot, plus that's too easy. I think that if we had something like referring people for rewards. I'm pretty sure that there is already an option upon registering to put the name of the person that sent you here. Or referred you. If we could keep count of the amount that everyone the amount of people they referred, then we could reward them with a shop ingame, such as if you referred 10 people ou may buy this item, etc.

There are potential problems with this but there is an easy fix. People may make accounts and refer themselves, but there has to be a way where you can't refer your own IP.

Anyways that's all. I've been trying to think of some great ideas lately but come up blank. Sorry if this seems sub-par.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

nate

i like it, but alot of disshonest people would refer themselves for rewards. unless you made the refer for the ip used  :o

This is / isn't a serious post

TROLOLOLOLOL

Quote from: nate on March 04, 2012, 11:29:05 PM
i like it, but alot of disshonest people would refer themselves for rewards. unless you made the refer for the ip used  :o

Good sir, I believe it is common practice to read an entire post before posting a reply. Although, it doesn't seem quite as "common" these days. Good luck in the future!

nate

im pretty sure he just added the part about ip. but whatever, i was watching tv when i posted  ;D

Recoil

Nope the IP thing was always there.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

I Merk

I don't think this will work, I could create an account and and put my mate as the referrer and get away with it as our IP's are different.

Recoil

Quote from: I Merk on March 05, 2012, 04:52:36 PM
I don't think this will work, I could create an account and and put my mate as the referrer and get away with it as our IP's are different.
The idea is only one IP can be referred.
Dem digits

nate

honestly if you get your friend to make an account through a different ip then they might eventuall start playing if they ever get bored. spread the word. the only problem is that there are players that are more technologically advanced that they can change their ip address.

Recoil

Quote from: nate on March 07, 2012, 04:06:48 PM
honestly if you get your friend to make an account through a different ip then they might eventuall start playing if they ever get bored. spread the word. the only problem is that there are players that are more technologically advanced that they can change their ip address.
Assuming the past in staff's ability to pick up on botting so well, I think they would catch this.
Dem digits

nate

very true. maybe we could do a thing where whatever ip you log onto with your account, that is your accounts "ip", so you cant change your ip then make new accounts. idk just an idea, im not very good at this coding or anything. ;D

Recoil

Exactly, I'm sure that would work.
Dem digits

TROLOLOLOLOL

So are you saying that once you've been referred, no one else can say you referred them? If not, then you haven't yet stated that you should only be able to refer one person per IP, you've just stated that you shouldn't be able to refer yourself off the same IP. Otherwise, someone can go to their friends house and make like 20 accounts and have them all refer you without ever logging in on your friend's computer. Unless you guys already talked about this. I can't understand what most of you are trying to say in this topic anyway.

Recoil

You can't refer yourself from your own IP. You can only refer someone from your own IP once. There's really not much to it..
Dem digits

TROLOLOLOLOL

Quote from: Recoil on March 07, 2012, 06:56:33 PM
You can refer yourself from your own IP. You can only refer someone from your own IP once. There's really not much to it..
Ah, now that makes sense.