News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

CC

Started by drakedriller, February 05, 2012, 05:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drakedriller

I really want clan chat for big clans like dz. I think it would be really cool if we could get other major clans out there and then there could be clan wars and stuff. Whats everyone elses take on this?

Jake

I'm sure they are working on this already, although it probably isn't on there urgent list. Also if CC came out 100% then it would be available for everyone to use, not just big clans.

drakedriller

I know that it would be available for everyone but I mean that it would come in handy for big clans such as dz. and mute they have veng on 508 and not 317 right?

Recoil

Not trying to compare WS with other servers, but years ago I've seen a CC in one. It was really buggy, and they claimed it took a long time to code. Case in point: It's not all it's made up to be. Honestly it'd be just as convenient to have everyone meet up at a clan HQ.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

drakedriller

Ive never coded anything before in my life but it doesnt seem to hard it looks just like a special chat but i shouldnt be one to talk.

Recoil

Quote from: drakedriller on February 06, 2012, 09:04:48 PM
Ive never coded anything before in my life but it doesnt seem to hard it looks just like a special chat but i shouldnt be one to talk.

Well if the source provided it, it'd be a piece of cake. Only problem is that Worldscape was made from scratch, so there's no source. This gives more freedom on availability of certain aspects, but is a lot harder.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Jake

Well if you knew how Ryan works you'd know that he doesn't release anything thats overboard "Buggy" and he usually puts out a Beta before he releases the whole thing.

Recoil

Quote from: Jake on February 07, 2012, 01:51:41 AM
Well if you knew how Ryan works you'd know that he doesn't release anything thats overboard "Buggy" and he usually puts out a Beta before he releases the whole thing.
My point is it'd be tricky to pull off.
Dem digits

gomes97

it will be awesome.
i hope its possible.

made by Predator
Highlights:
Number 2 attack
Death zone ex dcd and Co owner
Number 2 best dutch pker.
Got voting legandray pker
3rd best pker
Ex team Psycho owner

brianc

Quote from: Mute on February 05, 2012, 06:30:29 PM
Client issues.

508 supports this, 317 does not.

Summary: Not gonna happen.

Hello,

This is a summery  of the matter...

508 = New stuff.

317 = Old stuff.

CC = New stuff

508 + 317 + CC = Does not compute.

So... I hope I have cleared this up the the rest of the people that didn't understand what Mute was talking about.

If you have a problem with this, you may eat some pixels.

No really, If it's not possible for the 317 and 508 to support then it won't be released.

Ry-master wants both clients to support the features as a-lot of players still use 317 client.

But the idea is a good one, just not possible with the current stand point of development.

Regards,
Brian Crowell

Kevin

Clan chat is on our to-do list.

drakedriller

ok cool kevin thanks for letting us know  ;D

Recoil

Quote from: Kevin on February 07, 2012, 03:57:22 PM
Clan chat is on our to-do list.
With the clan chat, it'd be nice to only allow people invited to join it can join. Idk how you would do this, but otherwise you could have people not in your clan join and get secret info about it. I honestly think that this may be possible, I just don't how you would go about doing it.
Dem digits

Jake

Just make it so only a certain rank up can join. Simple :)