News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

WS's own version of godwars

Started by Deadlocker, January 23, 2012, 10:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadlocker

Hello, i read some other post and realized that you can't just simply put in god wars without it crashing everything. WELL i propose you make your own god wars! make it the same boss's, same drops but have it so its a dungeon with some NPC's that you have to kill a certain amount of to be able to access the gods. The way you would get to the gods would be through some sort of bigger looking gate/door and it will pop up with asking you which god would you like to visit, and it would teleport you to the one you chose and it will be there ready to be slain. ABOUT the drops! make it with the normal god wars drops but instead of the spears and some other ones that are not necessary and useless you could insert maybe working dark bow from zamorak and working crystal bow from sara, and what ever els you choice for the rest. (or you could just put in god bows.)(i know the 'bow' thing is off topic but range reallllllyyyy sucks in world scape and you need to make it a lil bit better)

Kevin

We can do this stuff, the problem is adding all of this to the client. We don't want to destroy the client, and the amount of time it will take just to add all of the models, animations, items, sounds, and music to the client. It would be prob a month from now. Not to mention the countless bugs. WorldScape can support more versions then 317/508. But The fact of the matter is that we can't add more because we would have to get rid of the old, which we would lose players. Believe it or not, most players still use the 317 client rather then the 508, because they like the feel of the old school. If we add Nex it wouldn't feel like that anymore. Not to mention we would have to set up all of those maps, then have to add the maps to 508 as-well.

Kryptonite

I don't like this idea of Nex and all that.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Grievous

Quote from: Mute on January 24, 2012, 03:29:25 AM
If this gets implimented, I'll love you forever if you get Nex (Lvl 1001) in there. :3

You obviously haven't gone to Nex before.

Deadlocker

i agree with kryptonite. Nex is not what i had in mind... i was thinking more like there is a cave, you kill 10 hob goblins or whatever you choose then you can pick one of the portals leading to a boss.

Dug

First things first, The firecape.
Second,
Quote from: Deadlocker on January 23, 2012, 10:59:25 PM(i know the 'bow' thing is off topic but range reallllllyyyy sucks in world scape and you need to make it a lil bit better)
I BEG TO DIFFER.
Third, I use 508 more often than the 317, only because my bank is overflowing with items, in which i need to go on the 508 to see all of them...
Not to mention, i am a veng-aholic : ).
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Recoil

Quote from: Kevin on January 24, 2012, 03:34:07 AM
We can do this stuff, the problem is adding all of this to the client. We don't want to destroy the client, and the amount of time it will take just to add all of the models, animations, items, sounds, and music to the client. It would be prob a month from now. Not to mention the countless bugs. WorldScape can support more versions then 317/508. But The fact of the matter is that we can't add more because we would have to get rid of the old, which we would lose players. Believe it or not, most players still use the 317 client rather then the 508, because they like the feel of the old school. If we add Nex it wouldn't feel like that anymore. Not to mention we would have to set up all of those maps, then have to add the maps to 508 as-well.
You could just make a copy of the client so if you mess up it horribly you can just trash it.. But I do see your point about 317, I use it more because of my love for old school (although lately I've been Digging on the 508 :))
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.