News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Economy Fix

Started by Kevin, January 11, 2012, 08:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like this?

Yes
50 (56.2%)
No
38 (42.7%)
Don't care either way
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Recoil

i think it'd be fine, just have some items that are unaffected, like rares. the raw shark number is too low. i have 10k that i fished legit, and i don't want that reduced to 300. this needs to be really well thought through on how much for each item if you're going to do it.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Chaoslancex

Quote from: Kevin on January 11, 2012, 08:28:06 PM
In the past few days some of the members of WorldScape has been proposing this idea, and as they asked I am making a poll on what exactly we will do.

We will not be removing every single item in WorldScape, we will be setting them back. For instance in the past there was dupes on WorldScape, which is pretty obvious. We are going to be setting the stacks of those items in each players bank down to a lower number(Not sure what number yet, you guys can debate below on which number). For example. Say I have 1,000,000 Dharok's Helm. Now obviously that is way too many for 1 person to have. So we will be setting that stack of 1,000,000 Helmets down to say 2,000. We will be doing this to every single item in the game, except a few. That is where you guys come in.

Here is a small list of items I came up with already:
Shark(385)
Pure Essence(7936)
Raw Shark(383)

Those are example items we are not going to roll-back. Now, this is where you guys come in again. We need it to be in that format "ItemName(ItemID)" in order for us to know which item we need to not roll back. If we don't agree with it, we won't do it. Now we don't need items like Bandos, Armadyl, ect. because nobody should have more then say 10-20 of those. So the roll-back will not effect those items. We are mainly looking at Wood, Ores, Raw fish, Cooked fish, tokens, ect. If you guys can get those and post them below I will add them to the list of items to not roll-back.

If you vote yes, please explain why you voted yes.
If you vote no, please explain why you voted no.
Quote from: Chaoslancex on January 11, 2012, 10:35:32 PM
Bronze Arrow Tips(39)
iron arrows tips(40)
steel arrow tips(41)
Mith Arrow Tips ( 42)
Addy arrow tips(43)
rune arrow tips(44)

Magic logs (1513)
Raw lobster ( 377)
Silver Bar( 2355)
Uncut Dragon stone(1631)
Uncut sapphire(1623)
Uncut Emerald(1621)
Uncut Onyx (6571)
Uncut Diamond (1617)
Uncut Ruby( 1619)
Iron Ore ( 440)
Coal Ore( 453)
Mith Ore ( 447)
addy Ore ( 449)
Rune Ore (451)
Feathers ( 314)
Arrow Shaft (52)

Eye of Newt( 221)
Vial of Water( 227)
Clean avantoe (  261)
Clean torstol (269)
clean lantadyme (2481)
clean snapdragon (3000)
Clean snake weed( 1526)
Clean rogue's purse (1534)
Unf cadantine potion (107)
Unf Toadflax potion (3002)
Unf rannar potion (99)
Unf Dwarf Weed Potion (109)
Vial (229)
Unf Avantoe potion (103)

Void Knight Gloves (8842)
Void Knight Top (8839)
Void Knight robe (8840)
Void Mage helm (11663)
void seal(8)    ( 11666)
Void ranger helm (11664)
Void melee helm (11665)
Void Knight Mace (8841)

Fire Cape ( 6570)
Mint Cake (9475)
Onyx Necklace (6577)
Teak Planks ( 8780)
Boxing Gloves( 7673)
Black Boater (7327)
Gloves (7462)
ham hood (4302)
ham boots ( 4310)
ham cape (4304)
Sled ( 4084)
cooked Shark (385)
Cooked Manta ray (391)
Rune Shard (6466)

A Few More to come.

It seems nobody is reading Kevin's Post -.- really he said make a list of the items that should NOT be reduced or "rollback" as you can see i made a list and some items, and some should actually not be in that list cause they don't really need to be on my list anyhow to lazy to fix it, but most the the items that you post won't be rollback...

Kryptonite

Quote from: Chaoslancex on January 23, 2012, 05:32:47 PM
It seems nobody is reading Kevin's Post -.- really he said make a list of the items that should NOT be reduced or "rollback" as you can see i made a list and some items should actually not be in that list cause they don't really need to be on my list anyhow to lazy to fix it, but most the the items that you post won't be rollback...

Thank you...

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

spiked noob

Recoil

Gah! I misunderstood at a first read. Didn't notice the number you put after the item was the ID. That's my bad. I honestly think the people are complaining because they want a lot of items, but I think we've gotten to the point where money and many items have no worth. I've been on and off for two years and a lot of the past rares are no longer rare due to mass duping. It will really fix the inflation I think, and everyone jumps to no because it will make it more challenging. I'm all for yes here, and I think Kevin chose some really good items on things that shouldn't be reduced.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Recoil

I think that Mithril seeds(299) shouldn't be rolled back.. It may seem duped when someone has 30k of them but that can be dug easily.
Dem digits

drakedriller

I personally love this idea. I know many disagree with it and it will be risky to do this but this will either make or break world scape. I would be terribly sorry to see all of the old players quit but I'm going to be straight up. The economy in this game sucks the only things that are currency in this game are donor items, sharks and pure essence. I think money should play a role and quite frankly having thousands and thousands of dharocks going down doesn't effect me at all. I would like it if they were actually more rare because then pking would actually have a purpose instead of just going and dying and the person who won gaining nothing. I know all of the old school players say they took their dear sweet time to get those items but there is just to much of it. Thanks for the consideration  ;D.

Regards, Drakedriller.

Recoil

Soooo, are we getting a definite answer on what's happening? Maybe we should redo a poll, since ignorant players just made many accounts and voted no.

Just sayin'.
Dem digits

Jake

Well even if we do have another poll people will still be "Ignorant".

Recoil

Quote from: Jake on April 17, 2012, 07:48:58 PM
Well even if we do have another poll people will still be "Ignorant".
True, but we were talking about a way to vote without rigging it. One vote a person. I still haven't personally found a way to do that though.
Dem digits

Jake

That's what this one was set to. Unfortunetly it doesn't have a 1 Vote per Ip option so people can make fake accounts and vote.

Recoil

Quote from: Jake on April 17, 2012, 07:54:16 PM
That's what this one was set to. Unfortunetly it doesn't have a 1 Vote per Ip option so people can make fake accounts and vote.
That's what happened. Someone voted no like 10 times. Which is why I'm wondering of the result. (Hopefully redo or yes, we really need this. Don't care what others say I fully support it)
Dem digits

nate

as you can see, worldscape's population has taken a nosedive since the last time i was officially playing...  i just got on and 9 players. most of them new, which is good. great that theres new players, oh wait. we get new ones and lose the old. we need this

This is / isn't a serious post

richard

by all these people who wont yes i think i should vote yes but i voted no  :(

Genuine

I'm voting Yes because right now, Worldscape doesn't have an Economy. It's not that good of a sight. I doubt it will make anything worse because there will still be a reasonable amount of these items.