News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Forum & Game Rollback

Started by Ry60003333, May 05, 2012, 02:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recoil

Okay. Let me clear some things up since I'm unbiased. I read the original logs. I find it funny how you change the logs up to make AllGoFree look all cool and calm. All I know is in the logs I saw Ryansaid IM MAD CAUSE YOU HACKED MY FUCKIG SITE (yes he did all caps) and Luke is actually 17, FYI.

No I'm not on their side, I just think it's important to know the truth.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Wild

Quote from: Australiaman on May 09, 2012, 05:54:29 AM
S3v, I honestly think you shouldn't post their Ips up on here.
Why that?

Quote from: caponer on March 04, 2010, 10:15:40 AM
My goal is to **** at least 50 girls this year,
Drink at least 100 liter beer,
Smoke 10 or more joints,

Ry60003333

Quote from: Recoil on May 09, 2012, 08:16:17 AM
Okay. Let me clear some things up since I'm unbiased. I read the original logs. I find it funny how you change the logs up to make AllGoFree look all cool and calm. All I know is in the logs I saw Ryansaid IM MAD CAUSE YOU HACKED MY FUCKIG SITE (yes he did all caps) and Luke is actually 17, FYI.

No I'm not on their side, I just think it's important to know the truth.
Seva didn't do that, I did that. Yes I was upset but there is no need to post that here.

Quote from: Wild on May 09, 2012, 11:48:04 AM
Quote from: Australiaman on May 09, 2012, 05:54:29 AM
S3v, I honestly think you shouldn't post their Ips up on here.
Why that?
And yes, why not? Their IP addresses change constantly, and it does no harm to post it. They deserve to be punished for what they did.
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Recoil

Waiiiittt a minute. How'd I just now figure this out?

I'm going to quote something from Kevin. It doesn't let me link the quote, the topic was locked. Here's a link to the topic: http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php?topic=12753.30
Quote from: KevinKryptonite, you say it's bad that we aren't giving items back. We had every intention on giving items back, but the first 3 or so people I asked what they lost told me the same thing, "Full Bandos, AGS, Sigil Dragon Boots". How are we supposed to return everyone's items when we don't know exactly what they lost. We are going to be adding a system to the logs that will tell us more about what items you guys have had in the past, rather then the present.

So, when people lost their items to the zombie bug.. We were told there is no proof of the fact that people may have had items before? If I were to post "I lost AGS, blabla etc" AGF would reply, "there's no proof, we can't return items". Okay, well apparently there is proof now because of daily backups. Why couldn't you guys have just intentionally rolled back a few accounts a few days to those that lost items? Or at least checked their data from a few days ago to see if they were telling the truth about their items? There was proof, we just didn't know it, but now we know that Ryan does daily backups. I really don't understand why you couldn't have just looked at the backups from before the zombie glitch to see about their items. Instead it was "Sorry, there's no proof, kiss your items goodbye"

And don't tell us that this is any way our fault. There was a bug in a mini-game that was the developers (or whoever) fault, and the players lose items due to it. The players ask if they can have their items back, and the developers tell them there's no way to prove that they had the items in the first place. But wait! There is.... So why lie (or maybe just "forget", which seems near impossible). Is there something I'm missing here? Or am I just crazy, is there no way to check through to backups? Because a lot of people lost items from the mini-game.
Dem digits

From his heights of wisdom he will look down on vain and agitated beings, as one who lives on a mountaintop looks down on those who live in the plains.

Ry60003333

Quote from: Recoil on May 09, 2012, 03:13:13 PM
Waiiiittt a minute. How'd I just now figure this out?

I'm going to quote something from Kevin. It doesn't let me link the quote, the topic was locked. Here's a link to the topic: http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php?topic=12753.30
Quote from: KevinKryptonite, you say it's bad that we aren't giving items back. We had every intention on giving items back, but the first 3 or so people I asked what they lost told me the same thing, "Full Bandos, AGS, Sigil Dragon Boots". How are we supposed to return everyone's items when we don't know exactly what they lost. We are going to be adding a system to the logs that will tell us more about what items you guys have had in the past, rather then the present.

So, when people lost their items to the zombie bug.. We were told there is no proof of the fact that people may have had items before? If I were to post "I lost AGS, blabla etc" AGF would reply, "there's no proof, we can't return items". Okay, well apparently there is proof now because of daily backups. Why couldn't you guys have just intentionally rolled back a few accounts a few days to those that lost items? Or at least checked their data from a few days ago to see if they were telling the truth about their items? There was proof, we just didn't know it, but now we know that Ryan does daily backups. I really don't understand why you couldn't have just looked at the backups from before the zombie glitch to see about their items. Instead it was "Sorry, there's no proof, kiss your items goodbye"

And don't tell us that this is any way our fault. There was a bug in a mini-game that was the developers (or whoever) fault, and the players lose items due to it. The players ask if they can have their items back, and the developers tell them there's no way to prove that they had the items in the first place. But wait! There is.... So why lie (or maybe just "forget", which seems near impossible). Is there something I'm missing here? Or am I just crazy, is there no way to check through to backups? Because a lot of people lost items from the mini-game.
The daily backups are complete backups of the databases in MySQL. Its very easy to delete the current one and restore a backup, which is what we did. Its very difficult to look through these backups and find individual entries; and it is even more difficult to restore only parts of a database.

This is the same reason that RuneScape rarely rolls back; such as when Purple party hats were created, they didn't roll the game back, because it was technically challenging.
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.