News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

How to possibly fix the economy.

Started by garrdrenn1, January 08, 2012, 03:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garrdrenn1

I got to thinking about this today and was wondering what everybody thought. How about adding a new token that players could trade large sums of cash (billions, 100 millions ect.) for and let us trade them instead of rares?

It would work something like this. A new npc is placed somewhere (or you could use the bankers).  The player then trades that npc and buys the tokens. And there you have it, new currency  for worldscape. :)

Jake

This wouldn't "fix" th economy. It would just change money to token.

It's not like it's getting rid of money.

Kryptonite

I pay for things with sharks. Lol. It seems to work okay.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

garrdrenn1

Quote from: Jake on January 08, 2012, 04:03:53 AM
This wouldn't "fix" th economy. It would just change money to token.

It's not like it's getting rid of money.

I'm not talking about getting rid of money, this would be making it where a player could carry around more money therefore you could actually put a price on most items. It would be just like paper money in the real world. Since the U.S. dollar use to represent a certain amount of gold, this would be the same thing but o worldscape.

Kevin

A good currency that people can easily use is Ores, Raw/Cooked food, herbs, unfinished potions. There are a number of things people can do to fix the economy. Since we've added buy x and sell x to shops for 508 people have been mass dumping their duped items from old classic. I can't tell you how many times I go into theshop and I see millions of barrows sets or millions of dragon armour. People don't realize when they do this, but they are actually slowly fixing the economy. We keep adding new items into the game and when we do that we make the game a better place.

People may not agree with some of the changes that have been made but a perfect example of the game changing for the better is look back a year from now. When you would pk what would you get? A set that you already had thousands of, and you would earn reputation. To me that was boring. Now we have new wepeons, amour, food, magic. Pking is actually harder now, you can actually risk things, you actually can earn a profit from pking now.

The economy on WorldScape is shot, but it is slowly reviving itself back to health. Give it some time. We still have a ton more updates up our sleeves and each of them will slowly fix the economy. :D

Kryptonite

Quote from: Kevin on January 08, 2012, 06:51:36 PM
A good currency that people can easily use is Ores, Raw/Cooked food, herbs, unfinished potions. There are a number of things people can do to fix the economy. Since we've added buy x and sell x to shops for 508 people have been mass dumping their duped items from old classic. I can't tell you how many times I go into theshop and I see millions of barrows sets or millions of dragon armour. People don't realize when they do this, but they are actually slowly fixing the economy. We keep adding new items into the game and when we do that we make the game a better place.

People may not agree with some of the changes that have been made but a perfect example of the game changing for the better is look back a year from now. When you would pk what would you get? A set that you already had thousands of, and you would earn reputation. To me that was boring. Now we have new wepeons, amour, food, magic. Pking is actually harder now, you can actually risk things, you actually can earn a profit from pking now.

The economy on WorldScape is shot, but it is slowly reviving itself back to health. Give it some time. We still have a ton more updates up our sleeves and each of them will slowly fix the economy. :D

+1

Definitely agree with the PKing thing. Although, @Garden, you can pretty much toss your hope of coins having any sort of value some day to the trash because I don't think that'll ever happen.

weed

garrdrenn1

Quote from: Kryptonite on January 08, 2012, 06:55:49 PM
Quote from: Kevin on January 08, 2012, 06:51:36 PM

+1

Definitely agree with the PKing thing. Although, @Garden, you can pretty much toss your hope of coins having any sort of value some day to the trash because I don't think that'll ever happen.

It seemed like a good idea at the time lol.

Kryptonite

Yeah I admit it's not a bad idea, but there's just so many people with max cash and tons of duped barrows that there would be people trading it tons of max cash stacks for it and then there would be the people who don't have tons of sets of these things and not a lot of cash who would end up being really "poor" compared to the other people. Basically a ton of people would get rich all at once all over again.

weed

Wild

If we want the economy fixed every item should be deleted.

Quote from: caponer on March 04, 2010, 10:15:40 AM
My goal is to **** at least 50 girls this year,
Drink at least 100 liter beer,
Smoke 10 or more joints,

garrdrenn1

Quote from: Wild on January 09, 2012, 02:51:26 PM
If we want the economy fixed every item should be deleted.

I would be 100% fine with that. I don't know about everybody else.

Kryptonite

weed

Kevin

If you guys will agree with it, we can roll back every item to a certain amount in each persons bank. Say make every stack in your bank be maxed to say 3,000 that will be a roll-back not a complete reset. Items would have more value but it would be a big loss for a lot of people. (This would include every item, tokens, coins, ores, food, ect.)

M I K E

Delete barrows items, dragon items, rune items and other high amount items? O_o money also

Jake

The day we start rolling back items is the day Worldscape dies. Not a smart idea.

Dug

Quote from: Jake on January 10, 2012, 09:21:03 AM
The day we start rolling back items is the day Worldscape dies. Not a smart idea.
I have to mention something, the day herblore beta arrived, was the day the unfinished potions that people had already happened to have in their bank, had disappeared. For example, I lost 11 guam potions along with 10 of each other unfinished potion that i got [If you would think of being smart and saving those phats from the specialphat spawn area] Legit. Although i was feeling sad, i felt excited that everyone would be starting off anew with some exceptions.
But on the other hand, i wouldn't agree with the roll-back to reduce items, seeing as most of the community, had achieved their items with no shortcuts. If this does happen, well all i can say is gf 183k tukul, and 779 rune bars.
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..