News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

Christmas Event Suggestions

Started by Ry60003333, December 10, 2011, 12:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ry60003333

Please suggest any ideas that you have for the Christmas event suggestions, but PLEASE make sure that none of them require things that are technically impossible! ::)

Some of the things that we cannot do:
- Add items, Npcs, or Objects to the client. (We can SPAWN new Npcs and Objects in the game, but we mean we cannot create new ones)
- Add new areas to the game, we can only use existing maps.
- Insanely complex ideas.

Now post away! ;)
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

I Merk

Oden

Quote from: Ry60003333 on December 10, 2011, 12:55:39 PM
- Add items, Npcs, or Objects to the client. (We can SPAWN new Npcs and Objects in the game, but we mean we cannot create new ones)
You can add them but you don't like adding custom things. Newb. :P

Aww, it would be cool to have a snowing santa island with presents around and santa with maybe a sleigh.

Ofcourse you can, your the best coder around. :P

Kevin

http://itemdb.biz/index.php?search=

Here is a website where you can search an item, it provides the Item ID along with the name and says the client version. Please find a client version 474 and under.

Quote from: Oden on December 10, 2011, 02:24:57 PM
You can add them but you don't like adding custom things. Newb. :P

Aww, it would be cool to have a snowing santa island with presents around and santa with maybe a sleigh.

Ofcourse you can, your the best coder around. :P

We can add all that stuff, but we are very limited on the time we can work on this update.

nate

maybe you talk to santa, and you do something like open an ice gate. then ice imps scatter throughout the lands of worldscape. you go back to santa and find a note that says that you have been tricked by (whatever npc you want to put here). you have to kill 10 ice imps to get 10 ice shards (non tradable) so you can use them all on an ice gate to free santa clause.  ;D

This is / isn't a serious post

Jah

I was thinking and I came up with this... You would find Santa (Jack frost dressed as Santa) in Varrock and you talk to him and he says "ho ho ho" and you realize it sounds different.. When you say "Your voice sounds different Santa" and Jack Frost teleports you to where the ice giants and ice warriors are. You then have to defeat a number of ice giants and ice warriors and collect "clue scroll" that gives you clues to where the real Santa is. He will be trapped in a cage and you will have to defeat Jack Frost and pick up a crystal key to free Santa from the cage. He will then ask "thank god, you saved me" and we say something like "oh it was nothing" and Santa offers us a reward. The reward could rather be a mystery box that contains rares... or double xp for 2 hours or something you want to be as the rewards.

Thanks for reading my idea
~Jah

nate

pretty much my idea......... plus you can't make monsters too difficult to kill otherwise not all players will be able to complete this. and will be to short. thats why i made imps (lvl 2). and they will be scattered so you have to find them. should take a little bit of time.

This is / isn't a serious post

Omri

A candy-Cane Weapon or a candy cane bow lol (=

Jah

Quote from: Omri on December 10, 2011, 05:21:05 PM
A candy-Cane Weapon or a candy cane bow lol (=

Wouldn't those be custom items :o they would be awesome though.

Omri

Yeah they'd be custom, But the idea is awesome i think :p I wish customs would be aloud :/

Oden

Here is a few things, I'm going to find and maybe work out.

Event;

Quest: You walk through the ice gate and talk to santa. He says that his reindeer is sick and he needs a special potion. He will give you a scroll of things you need. And you need to make the potion. After you make it he says thanks and stuff. Not really sure from here...

Completion: You get the santa suit and a candy cane pole.

drakedriller

i suggest a snow globe :D or after you do a quest you get one present (somehow you make it to where you can only do once for one ip) and it contains a rare inside. it could be any rare. idk just an idea

Voltimolt

First, you have to speak to one of the rich children (given that there are childrens models added to the clients) complaining that they haven't seen their parents, they also said that they last saw them going out to buy presents through the mountains.

The player finds the parents in the mountain near the black knight castle and dwarf mining area, only to find them trapped by 3 creatures (possibly a white creature.) and saying "Help!".

The player kills the 3 creatures and talks to one of the parents saying if they're okay, they will say no they are badly wounded and need to seek medical care. The player must go back to duel arena to talk to the medical officer there and ask for those med pack (You get from camp or castle war). Then you return to the parents and treat both of them, in return they give you details about possibly finding the where abouts of Santa. They say that there is an NPC hiding in the alley (where Black Arm Gang headquarters are) they tell him the secret codename "Insignis, Santa, Nativitatis" (which is latin for: Gem, Santa, Christmas). From there he sells a enchanted gem that allows communication with Santa)

The player uses the gem and Santa says "Who is this?" obviously, the players name. Santa will then say that he had never communicated with civilisation before, therefore he asks for help. He asks the player if he can write down the wish list of the following NPC before "the game's christmas time" comes. (15 Random NPC.). Every NPC will give the player a small gift (possibly money) to make it worth their while.

After that, he is denied use to the gem until further notice.

The player talks to the NPC, not mentioning Santa and ask them for their wish, and writes it down, doing the same for the rest of the 14 NPC.

After completing that part of the Event, he is allowed use of the gem to speak to Santa again.

Santa thanks the player and asks them for 1 more favor(After finishing the conversation, he is denied use of the gem again.), to kill the Evil Jack Frost (some white NPC).
That has 7 helper/servent NPC protecting and healing him and has a hitpoint of 500 then where he drops a note plotting his plans against Santa.

After killing Jack Frost (Boss), he drops a plot, after the player picks up the plot, he is allowed use of the gem again. He tells Santa about the whole thing and Santa asks the player to meet him Face to Face. He asks him to meet him in the Ice Path (Which is I believe the home of Santa of WorldScape currently for the past Christmas Events.)

After meeting Santa he gives him the plot and Santa rewards him with interactive item which is N/A. (i am writers blocked about this part, feel free to add in as long it's interactive.). Santa also tells the player to give the parents an "early present"and to tell them what happened.

The Player go to one of the parents located back to where the children are and tell them about Santa, and giving them the "present" After the parents take the presents, The player is granted access to the presents room, which he can pick up as many presents (containing common items) and using it on other players or for self.

Event Complete.

(I just made this up in 30 minutes.)

Oden

I love andy's idea, I think that should be added.

Kryptonite

To be honest, I have complete belief that holiday events shouldn't require any stats or combat of any sort, in case of skillers who might want the items but not want to level up. I don't really have an idea for the event, but I think that a Snow Globe that you shake and get snowballs which you can pelt people with would be a pretty cool reward, along with some other thing that you can wear.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.