News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

Grand Exchange

Started by Joris, December 03, 2011, 03:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joris

There is a GE, but it isn't working. Would be fun instead of the shop, and it would be handy to make the command ::ge
Just a suggestion ^^

Diva La Viva

In my opinion we're a to small ammount of players to have a G.E.

freak m4n

It's worthless to have a Grand Exchange with only a maximum of 20-30 players now..
Got the 100'000th post on the forums.

Nogoodnms

Maybe we don't need a grand exchange. What we need is a basis for prices. We can't keep using items to exchange for other items. Money is worthless, so what we need is to have less easier ways of getting it. And then set up some sort of marketing system.
He who brings the night, brings the cloud of darkness.

garrdrenn1

Even though there are only 20-30 players online, maybe the Grand Exchange would bring new players? I've seen other servers with it and they usually have 100+ online at any given time.
As for the price basis, the Grand Exchange could act as this. Although everything would have to be marked WAY up because of all of the cash in game right now, it would be nice to have some sort of a cash economy. Being able to have more than one max stack of gp would help a lot in my opinion, since most people already have max cash. You could either do this or take a large portion of gp from each player.
  Another thing that would help is to not make it so easy to get like nogoodnms said, make people skill for cash or something else that actually takes some effort. In the long run i think this would be good for worldscape.

Kryptonite

Coins are pointless so no one would sell any real items on it. If you could do a way to post any offer and people could see it, that would be neat.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

garrdrenn1

Krypt thats what I was trying to say, if there were less coins in the game they would be worth something. Then people would use them as currency instead of items.

Kryptonite

Yeah. I honestly don't think it has to do with how many people play as to why it shouldn't be added, but mainly due to the zero value of coins. Ryan added random events as a way to stop botters, and he said that it wouldn't be too useful now, but he added it to prepare for when the server gets bigger and there are more people. I think the same concept would apply here, such that it SHOULD be added for future use if coins were worth something.

weed

garrdrenn1

Quote from: Kryptonite on December 12, 2011, 10:13:03 PM
Yeah. I honestly don't think it has to do with how many people play as to why it shouldn't be added, but mainly due to the zero value of coins. Ryan added random events as a way to stop botters, and he said that it wouldn't be too useful now, but he added it to prepare for when the server gets bigger and there are more people. I think the same concept would apply here, such that it SHOULD be added for future use if coins were worth something.

Exactly.

M I K E

I think we dont need it, it would be buggy, glitchy and could cause dupes...

Also i think it would be super hard to code working, and money would have to be deleted..+ all duped items also. :S

No support sorry :/

Kryptonite

Quote from: M I K E on December 15, 2011, 03:31:09 PM
I think we dont need it, it would be buggy, glitchy and could cause dupes...

If Ryan coded it, it definitely wouldn't be that way at all.

weed

monkeys phat

Totally agree with garden because I've seen various private servers with G.E and they are very enjoyable and it brings lots of new players. But if we get a G.E there is still a risk if there is not a large amount of players.
When Nothing Goes Right , Go Left :D

Old Account : Magekill

Arabs are Baws

Jake

You need an economy to have a Grand Exchange. A strong one at that.

freak m4n

Quote from: monkeys phat on May 09, 2012, 12:36:49 AM
Totally agree with garden because I've seen various private servers with G.E and they are very enjoyable and it brings lots of new players. But if we get a G.E there is still a risk if there is not a large amount of players.

You know, you're not supposed to post on a topic that's older than a month?

Just sayin'.
Got the 100'000th post on the forums.

Kryptonite

Quote from: freak m4n on May 09, 2012, 05:25:47 PM
Quote from: monkeys phat on May 09, 2012, 12:36:49 AM

You know, you're not supposed to post on a topic that's older than a month?

Just sayin'.
I doubt many people care anymore. I enjoy having old topics brought back up.

weed