News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

custom items???

Started by nate, November 19, 2011, 03:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

It's not wether we like it or not. It just won't happen, I don't think. As I said earlier Ryan doesn't like coding custom items. I also don't see the point in going through all that hassle to add custom items to trial it in a different world.

Xx Wildy Xx

ok i was just asking something no need to jump down my throut

freak m4n

Quote from: Xx Wildy Xx on November 22, 2011, 05:02:13 AM
ok i was just asking something no need to jump down my throut

It's throat m'kay?

And even thou I like customs and yes it makes a RSPS unique, but somebody has to create the things and code the things.. Do you want to let Ryan do everything? Maybe if you make some sprites for a custom item, and the codes for it, maybe it will get added?
Got the 100'000th post on the forums.

M I K E

EWWWW! Most of the people hate customs, if i see some server on Runelocus and it says "custom items" i  dont feel like joining :D They look ugly, as said Ry doesnt like to code em & they are nooby

freak m4n

Some are actually pretty cool, like the deadly slayer cape and the angel cape. :)

Angel cape

Deadly slayer cape

Got the 100'000th post on the forums.

nate

This is / isn't a serious post

Kevin

The problem is, WorldScape is a multi-version server, we can add any version of RuneScape at any time, so if we wanted to add those 2 capes we would have to make the item ID outrageously high. Then we would have to Add them into the client for each client version we have, so currently both 508 and 317. Everytime we add a custom we would have to make sure each player re-downloads the cache because we would be correctly adding them into the cache. It's a lot more work then we need. I don't foresee any custom items.

nate

i know its alot of work, but i think it would make this server more unique then it is.

maybe instead of updating everytime yall made a new item, save up like 10-20 of them and then update all of them into the client.  ;D

This is / isn't a serious post