News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

Forum Suggestions

Started by Thehate, November 19, 2011, 07:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thehate

Hello again,

I've come up with a few idea's, but this time their forum realted.

Idea 1

as the players keep getting moaned at to stop grave-digging topics,
there should be a system in place that automatically locks unstickied topics after the set amount of time... (60 days I believe)
this will help the forum staff to minimise warnings and allowing the staff to do more important things rather than going into the topics and locking them manually.

Idea 2

Again as the players keep getting moaned at to stop double+ posting there should be another system in place that recognises that that player has tried to post 2 times in the same topic in less than 24-48 hours.
therefore if it comes up with a message saying You are not allowed to double post please wait 24-48 hours before posting again on this topic. It would stop the staff having to tell the players because there would be nothing to tell them.

More forum idea's will come. So please do not lock this topic unless requested or its gone over the grave digging amount. :) or is just being spammed.

Regards

Thehate

I'm a forum and server legend ;)

Jake

I don't think there is a absolute need for these. If you post then someone replies you can't reply to them for another 24 hours? They would stump alot of people, Especially clans.

Thehate

Quote from: Jake on November 19, 2011, 08:02:03 PM
I don't think there is a absolute need for these. If you post then someone replies you can't reply to them for another 24 hours? They would stump alot of people, Especially clans.

Sorry, if I'm being unclear, as You keep stating
Quote from: jakePlease do not double post, modify your old one

DOUBLE POSTING, such as say I said in 1 reply : as you keep stating
then before anyone else has replied I post again.. if you get what I mean

Jake

Ah, I get you. It would prevent spammers but it might annoy some people. I don't mind warning people or locking topics. That's my job :))

Kryptonite

The first one has been suggested a lot and it's pretty much been agreed that it's not a good idea because there could be forum games that get locked or clans unintentionally. And you never know when someone may want to bring back their topic, and it's just a hassle to get it unlocked again.

About the second one, double posting might be needed in some cases, and it's not always some horrible deed you're doing if you post twice in a row. The 'report to moderator' button should be used if there's an actual spam double post. It would be more of a pain to not be able to post twice than it would be to see a few spam double posts every now and then.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Oden

The 60 day locking is nice, but I think make it 30 days because that's the rule 30 days. (It says 120 days, but that can be changed in 2 seconds).

The double posting thing is pointless, people will then make multiple topics and then it will be a spam fest. Not to mention people can read the rules and use common sense. Your actually the only one I've seen double post in a few months.

Thehate

As everyone above has stated the 2nd idea is void. Therefore Striken from the record :)