News:

If you want to help support the game, please consider donating to AllGoFree!

Main Menu

being a mod

Started by palm qaz, November 15, 2011, 09:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

palm qaz

does donating, reporting, or being very active in game help your chances of being a mod?

nate

you are really asking about being a mod? read bills thread http://www.worldscapeblitz.com/blitz/smf/index.php/topic,2579.0.html
but i do believe these help your chances as a mod if a am correct. anyone else want to field this?

This is / isn't a serious post

Genuine

Depends, Donating isn't really increasing your chance, it just get's you noticed.
Reporting, Helps the community refrain others from doing things against the rules.
Being active is always good for the community, because being active you may be able to help others and have fun. You'll get more friends and noticed.

All these may help you getting mod. In different ways.

Sincerely, Rory.

Kryptonite

Mature, responsible, helpful, friendly, not a wannabe, not saying you want mod, proper grammar, active and reporting rule breakers. Donating won't really help I don't think. If it does, then I have to say, I'm a little disappointed.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Jake

Donating will not, nor will it ever, get you Moderator.

Kevin

Quote from: palm qaz on November 15, 2011, 09:11:35 PM
does donating, reporting, or being very active in game help your chances of being a mod?

Donating: It does not increase your chances on becoming any type of staff or hold you back from any type of punishments.
Reporting: We do like and notice when a player reports a lot, we'd prefer quality reports of quantity. Keep that in mind.
Active: Being active is a plus when we are choosing a player mod, we don't want make a new player mod to have them on once a week.

How you act in-game with other players is what we look at. On how you re-act to someone flaming you, or how you re-act if someone needs help. Do you take the time to help them?
Giving away items is what most people thing about help, I mean when you see someone log in game with full iron on, you approach them and make them feel at home, and show them the server.
Or defusing a ticking time bomb between 2 players who are about to fight each-other.

That is what we look for in a Moderator.

freak m4n

Quote from: Kevin on November 16, 2011, 11:58:33 AM
Quote from: palm qaz on November 15, 2011, 09:11:35 PM

Donating: It does not increase your chances on becoming any type of staff or hold you back from any type of punishments.
Reporting: We do like and notice when a player reports a lot, we'd prefer quality reports of quantity. Keep that in mind.
Active: Being active is a plus when we are choosing a player mod, we don't want make a new player mod to have them on once a week.

How you act in-game with other players is what we look at. On how you re-act to someone flaming you, or how you re-act if someone needs help. Do you take the time to help them?
Giving away items is what most people thing about help, I mean when you see someone log in game with full iron on, you approach them and make them feel at home, and show them the server.
Or defusing a ticking time bomb between 2 players who are about to fight each-other.

That is what we look for in a Moderator.

That must be stickied. :o
Got the 100'000th post on the forums.

palm qaz

so does it make it impossible to become a mod if you have suffered any offences?

Kryptonite

Quote from: Program on November 24, 2011, 08:42:31 PM
Personally, I think the best moderators are the people that didn't really want to be a moderator before they were asked. I'm saying this from my experience running a Minecraft server.. people that kept asking for mod just wanted the position for power and bragging rights. The people that silently helped the server in the background made the best mods, and I gave them the positions.

Yep. I bet if you didn't get any additional powers or a silver crown from being a mod, no one would ask to be one.

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Dug

Quote from: Kryptonite on November 24, 2011, 09:44:12 PM
Quote from: Program on November 24, 2011, 08:42:31 PM
Personally, I think the best moderators are the people that didn't really want to be a moderator before they were asked. I'm saying this from my experience running a Minecraft server.. people that kept asking for mod just wanted the position for power and bragging rights. The people that silently helped the server in the background made the best mods, and I gave them the positions.
Yep. I bet if you didn't get any additional powers or a silver crown from being a mod, no one would ask to be one
Most people only think about it that way, but in my mind, I imagine the people that have been mods were not randomly picked, or liked but people who are believed to have a talent, something that can't always be seen just like a comet that comes every once in a decade but is still talked about, just like recent players, Bill and Kevin, and old players such as you Program, and Jazmen.
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

nate

lol. that actually was really cool. sigged.  ;D

This is / isn't a serious post