News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

New Player Help System

Started by Thehate, November 15, 2011, 03:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thehate

Hello, Today I am going to purpose something to the ~All~Go~Free~ Community,
I request that you read the FULL TOPIC before posting.

Table of contents:

Chapter 1: Explain what it is

Chapter 2: Why it should be implemented

Chapter 3: How it could be managed

Chapter 1: Explanation of what it is.

The New Player Help system will be refered to a TNPHS for the duration of this topic. So if you see TNPHS then it stands for The New Player Help System.

Anyhow moving swiftly onwards

TNPHS is a system that coordinates when a new player has logged in, the system recognises that a new character profile has been created, so therefore it will create a character dialog, which will then explain the game, what you can do, staff members, ect, BUT Should this player need any more information the Dialog then refers to a group of players that it can go to should they need additional information.

**If you want anymore information please read onto the Q&A**

Chapter 2: Why it should be implemented

TNPHS should be implemented because I feel that it will be really helpful to new players as they will no nothing of the game, what you can do, features, future updates, current updates forums ect,
Therefore the player should be aware of how hard Ryan has worked on the server.
people will find this usefull if it contains all of the key information, therefore allowing people to communicate and get to know the server, the TNPHSS (The new player help system staff) will be able to help people, should they need it, pretty much like help staff, they will be able to help people take them to places they need or want.

Chapter 3: How it could be managed

It could be managed really easily managed by 3-4 people, that are respected and well known throughout the community. Staff should be doing this anyway, but their seems to be a lack of this, so I decided to purpose this idea.

Should you have any more questions then please do not hesitate to contact me on forums or in game.

Regards

Thehate
I'm a forum and server legend ;)

Jake

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure we had this in Blitz?

Also there is no need for "TNPHSS" because you don't need to be a staff member to help someone.

Thehate

Quote from: Terror on November 15, 2011, 03:37:16 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure we had this in Blitz?

Also there is no need for "TNPHSS" because you don't need to be a staff member to help someone.

I don't know if it was implemented into Blitz.... and fair point XD but it would be easier to recognise the players then?

Jake

Well maybe if there was a position were you could Yell and it would come up "Server Helper", Or something.

I Merk

What if you just make a topic with training places, things to do in Worldscape etc. If it's good enough maybe Ry could have a command to lead to the topic?

Jake

That's a good point, Prototype. So it would be like ::xptable?

I quite like that idea :D

Oden

Quote from: Terror on November 15, 2011, 03:46:45 PM
That's a good point, Prototype. So it would be like ::xptable?
I guess this is what I'll be making in the afternoon, after school.

Thehate

Quote from: Terror on November 15, 2011, 03:43:17 PM
Well maybe if there was a position were you could Yell and it would come up "Server Helper", Or something.

I'm Loving this idea Terror, but Oden why don't we wait and see if Ryan Approves this, and besides i already have one typed up :)

Kryptonite

#1 tip to tell new people: type ::forums

Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: X on April 18, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: Recoil on April 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM
Da fuq are you doing in a graffiti painted hobo dungeon for?

weed
Just lost all the respect I once had for you.

Ry60003333

We actually had a beginners Tutorial on Blitz, it would be relatively easy to create one for Classic and I would love to do it! 8)

However, I would make it optional, because if an experienced player created a new account they should not be forced to do the tutorial again.
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

nate

Quote from: Ry60003333 on November 15, 2011, 05:25:52 PM
We actually had a beginners Tutorial on Blitz, it would be relatively easy to create one for Classic and I would love to do it! 8)

However, I would make it optional, because if an experienced player created a new account they should not be forced to do the tutorial again.

yes i like this. please add directions on how to get to varrock or fally.  ;D

This is / isn't a serious post

dieknowsawr

This guy. This guy.. I tell ya. Astonishing, Ryan.

Thehate

Okay! Thanks Ryan but i still think that we should have specific players to control it if that player needs more help... Such as My self, Kryptonite ect.
or we could go on an IP basis, if it recognises the ip then we shoild be able to not to have to through the tutorial again... would that be possible?

Regards

Thehate

Thehate

24 hours has passed.

***bump***