News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

If you are lagging with the 508 client.

Started by Thehate, November 12, 2011, 05:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thehate

Hey guys, Just a quick one, if you are lagging with the 508 client, it means that your pc is currently not powerful enough, or you have too many things open, If this occurs that you are lagging then here are a few steps you could do

Method 1.

Increase how much CPU power java gets

Step 1.
Go into task manager... for those that are on windows 7 (unsure if it works with other operating systems) press
CRTL + SHIFT + ESC

step 2,
Once task manager is open, go into process

step 3.
you should see JAVA.EXE, RIGHT CLICK and then set the process to HIGH not realtime as it will crash your PC

Method 2.

Close down all un-needed  applications or windows that you have running on your computer
Method 3.

If you have tried that and are still lagging, then i suggest that you use the 317 client which can be downloaded here,
http://dexsigns.com/allgofree/client/worldscape_client_v5_23.zip (DIRECT DOWNLOAD)

Just incase you guys are thinking thats not the client... I got the download link from > play worldscape > download client link. I right clicked the link and got the address from there.

Anyways if there are anymore problems then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Thehate
I'm a forum and server legend ;)

Thehate

Yoho

Quote from: Ry60003333 on November 12, 2011, 12:23:14 PM
I would just like to let everyone know that we have purchased a VPS to run World 1 on, and we are currently waiting for the company to set it up. After that, World 1 will be moved to it and any lag you may have experienced should disappear. ;D

Thehate

Quote from: Yoho on November 12, 2011, 05:35:05 PM
Quote from: Ry60003333 on November 12, 2011, 12:23:14 PM
I would just like to let everyone know that we have purchased a VPS to run World 1 on, and we are currently waiting for the company to set it up. After that, World 1 will be moved to it and any lag you may have experienced should disappear. ;D

Ahh okay then fair enough

Oden

I've done it and it doesn't do anything, I knew it wouldn't do anything just proving a point. It's being the VPS isn't on yet and it's running on Ryan computer. The VPS should be up soon and it will be lag free and a lot better.

- Can be Locked if necessary -

Yoho

It can be moved to guides.

I thought you set the priority to low to sort the lag out?

Thehate

Quote from: Yoho on November 12, 2011, 05:42:18 PM
It can be moved to guides.

I thought you set the priority to low to sort the lag out?
Yes, apologies wrong section, no if you set it to low it will make it lagg more. setting it to high allows the game to render faster.

Quote from: Oden on November 12, 2011, 05:39:50 PM
I've done it and it doesn't do anything, I knew it wouldn't do anything just proving a point. It's being the VPS isn't on yet and it's running on Ryan computer. The VPS should be up soon and it will be lag free and a lot better.

- Can be Locked if necessary -

then you are fine, it is only for the current moment, that it is not on the VPS that it will add more CPU to the client therefore rendering it faster.
Also the 508 client has a lot of different things in the than the 317 therefore making it slower by allowing more CPU it will allow it to run faster.

Ry60003333

The VPS will fix lag caused by the server, such as a big delay from when you click to walk and when you start moving. It will not fix a low framerate in the client, you need a better computer or graphics card for that. ;)
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

nate

Quote from: Ry60003333 on November 14, 2011, 10:02:43 PM
The VPS will fix lag caused by the server, such as a big delay from when you click to walk and when you start moving. It will not fix a low framerate in the client, you need a better computer or graphics card for that. ;)

so to sum it all up... if you have a bad computer, TOO BAD  ;D

This is / isn't a serious post