News:

Vote for WorldScape Classic here! If you vote once every hour, we'll gain more players!

Main Menu

"PC shut down due to thermal event."

Started by M I K E, November 11, 2011, 09:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M I K E

One day all sudden my automatically shut down...it didn't restart by itself..i tried to turn it on again, but it just beebed like 2 or 3 times and then shut down... and i had to wait like 5 minutes for it to turn on again...

The fan is spinning well, no problems in that..

Do you guys have any idea? Could dust do that? Or a virus..? I have scanned my computer with MSE tho..

Need help badly, cant afford a new comp atm!   :-\

freak m4n

My laptop goes out also from now and then.. :S
And then I had that fkn blue screen..

Ahwell, I had a back-up so.. Lucky meh.
Got the 100'000th post on the forums.

Kevin

More then likely dust is causing the ventalation system to become clogged up, if you are using a laptop good luck, I've never openned a laptop nor do I have any intentions to do so, make sure you learn how to properly do it before you do so. If it's a desktop just open it up and pull dust bunnies out with your fingers and throw them in the trash, find the fans clean them off very well and like Mute said, find your processor and make sure that is all cleaned out. I'd suggest going to like Best Buy and buying a can of air. They work pretty well at removing dust from crevices.

M I K E

Yeah it's a desktop, i think ill take it out under that table soon, and maybe blow all the dust outta it gently with a car tire filler :D

I checked inside quickly, the damn bottom of the "shell" or whatever you guy call it is full of dust hahah :D

M I K E

I blowed it like 1-3 hours ago :D It was FULL OF DUST, there was 2 fans, and the fans had some kind of paper filters in them..they were in really thick dust, and there was some box with a fan at the top of the computer "shell" it was full of dust also...

Thx for help guys, i knew i would get the best help from here ;D

Kevin

No Problem, make sure you do that every so often.

M I K E

Quote from: Kevin on November 12, 2011, 03:22:33 PM
No Problem, make sure you do that every so often.

Yeah i will make it sure now :P Ill do it like once a month or so...been up&running the whole day now :D