News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

Client

Started by Twlight Lord, November 01, 2011, 11:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twlight Lord

I think we need a re-sizeable client like Runescape. Same graphics though, but an NPC and player update would be nice.

D.S.G Member.
All-Go-Free Legend.
All-Go-Free Elder.
Playing for 5 years.
Ex-Player Moderator.

Kevin

It's been discussed in the past, we don't change the client to re-sizable mainly because we would then need to change the game-frame which we won't do.

By changing the npc's and players do you mean adding new models? We have considered that before.

Twlight Lord

Yes, adding the newer 474 models.

You can keep the game frame the same, just when you go into re-sizable you need to make the game-frame so it is compatible. But you can still keep it 100% same just bigger.

D.S.G Member.
All-Go-Free Legend.
All-Go-Free Elder.
Playing for 5 years.
Ex-Player Moderator.

brianc

Hello,

Just throwing this out there.

If need be that it comes to a point where you are in development of new models I would be glad to assist where needed.

I'm great at making NPCs and Animations.

If you are interested let me know.

I would love to help add new content to WorldScape.

Regards,
Brian Crowell

Kevin

A lot of people seem to forget WorldScape a multi-version server. We can simply just make like 508 work, that's a re-sizable client :D

Twlight Lord

Quote from: Kevin on November 02, 2011, 12:18:38 AM
A lot of people seem to forget WorldScape a multi-version server. We can simply just make like 508 work, that's a re-sizable client :D
I know, and I haven't forgotten. But I want a version and so do many others of this era, 474.

D.S.G Member.
All-Go-Free Legend.
All-Go-Free Elder.
Playing for 5 years.
Ex-Player Moderator.

Genuine

Honestly, I like the uniqueness off Worldscape. It doesn't try to be like other Servers. It's it's own kind.

freak m4n

Quote from: Rory on November 02, 2011, 08:45:28 AM
Honestly, I like the uniqueness off Worldscape. It doesn't try to be like other Servers. It's it's own kind.

I like that ^

But the only thing I really want to see, are the chaotic weapon, and everything like that. Only I've heard it isn't possible in the version right now.
Got the 100'000th post on the forums.

Twlight Lord

Quote from: freak m4n on November 02, 2011, 12:30:10 PM

I like that ^

But the only thing I really want to see, are the chaotic weapon, and everything like that. Only I've heard it isn't possible in the version right now.
It is possible but Ryan would have to add them in customly, like he said 4 years ago. he will will never add custom items, I don't think we will get to the 600+ versions anyway. 317, 474 are unique worldscapes.

D.S.G Member.
All-Go-Free Legend.
All-Go-Free Elder.
Playing for 5 years.
Ex-Player Moderator.

freak m4n

Quote from: Twlight Lord on November 02, 2011, 01:18:51 PM

I like that ^

It is possible but Ryan would have to add them in customly, like he said 4 years ago. he will will never add custom items, I don't think we will get to the 600+ versions anyway. 317, 474 are unique worldscapes.

You know that runescape is at version 666? I'm like whut tha f*ck?

Even though.. Ryan had ones customs, you know? The colored party hats, that now became unfinished potions.
Got the 100'000th post on the forums.

Twlight Lord

Quote from: freak m4n on November 02, 2011, 02:43:46 PM
Quote from: Twlight Lord on November 02, 2011, 01:18:51 PM

I like that ^

You know that runescape is at version 666? I'm like whut tha f*ck?

Even though.. Ryan had ones customs, you know? The colored party hats, that now became unfinished potions.
I know it is at Version 666. When It first went to 666 the Console went red. Yes, he did make them custom partyhats when he first started out but now he is like a pro-coder and doesn't add customs.

D.S.G Member.
All-Go-Free Legend.
All-Go-Free Elder.
Playing for 5 years.
Ex-Player Moderator.

Kevin

Adding say Chaotics and stuff is very possible. We can now I will say this loosly "easly" do a dump of the models from a RuneScape cache, but then we would have to re-package them into the current worldscape cache then having to edit the class files in order for the client to recognize them, then we would have to do extensive beta testing before it's release because of the side effects(When we added 474 items certain objects would randomly go invisible) I have a picture somewhere of it. But yes, it is very possible for us to add things like this. It's mainly the matter of actually doing it :D