News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

A new rule should be added;

Started by I K3 Dubstep, August 12, 2011, 02:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I K3 Dubstep

It's become very apparent that the AllGoFree staff doesn't take being troll'd very well. Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely annoying and I can't stand people who do it, but maybe you should add a rule to make it so there's no confusion? That'd make it so when people do get banned for trolling the forums, there's no mass hysteria about getting banned for an non-existing rule.

And a bit of a side note, this isn't an attempt to troll or anything of the sort, but their comments aren't too far from the truth. :x
Truth is simple; mankind makes it complicated.

"The worst thing to call somebody is "crazy", it's dismissive. I don't understand this person, so they're crazy. That's bullshit. Cause people are not crazy, they're strong people. Maybe the environment is just a little sick."

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Krest I V

QuoteRules of the Internet

8. There are no real rules about posting
9. There are no real rules about moderating either - enjoy your ban
31. TITS or GTFO - the choice is yours

While there isn't really a rule about trolling, the staff are actually well within their rights to ban anyone they want whenever they want. The fact that the staff on here don't abuse their powers like so many other server staffs is absolutely admirable.

I K3 Dubstep

They shouldn't be credited for doing what's expected. I wouldn't give someone respect because they don't abuse their powers is all i'm saying.

"The worst thing to call somebody is "crazy", it's dismissive. I don't understand this person, so they're crazy. That's bullshit. Cause people are not crazy, they're strong people. Maybe the environment is just a little sick."

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Jake

Quote from: I K3 Dubstep on August 12, 2011, 05:04:41 PM
They shouldn't be credited for doing what's expected. I wouldn't give someone respect because they don't abuse their powers is all i'm saying.
Oh, So if they abuse their power you would respect them? The All-Go-Free staff has coped with everything that has been thrown at them.

Everyone trolls every once in a while, They shouldn't be punished. Although if there has been multiple reports of someone trolling then they should be punished.

That's what I think.

I K3 Dubstep

If they are a respectable person, I'll respect them. Coped with everything that has been thrown at them? There hasn't really been anything that would make someone go overboard, their problems are miniscule. I'm not trying to start a debate here, I was just stating that a new rule wouldn't hurt. It'd make the whole trolling situation a lot easier on both the staff, and the players.

OHIOISONFIRE

I dont see why this was ignored ?? it was very well thoughtout

M I K E

I think many people care about the post counts too much, and if someone trolls they get mad because some other person got his/her poctcount up..

And most of the people dont understand trollin' at all, they dont have any taste of humor..

Jake

It's not about who has a good sense of humor, Trolling is just purely annoying.

Jake

Quote from: Program on August 26, 2011, 08:39:03 PM
Trolling is fun unless you're the one being trolled.
One mans opinion. It's childish and immature.

ratman3

Quote from: Terror on August 26, 2011, 08:41:33 PM
Quote from: Program on August 26, 2011, 08:39:03 PM
Trolling is fun unless you're the one being trolled.
One mans opinion. It's childish and immature.

I'm going to give my two cents on Trolling.  I am a Troll, although I only troll to a certain extent. When I troll, I don't Troll just to get people angry, but to make people laugh.   But for alot of trolls, they do it just to get people angry, and make themselves feel good.  Those kinds of people, should be banned, if it's done many times.  There is no excuse to making people feel bad while playing a game. 

I support the Trolling rule partially.  I aggree that Trolling just to get people angry should be taken Very Serrioisly, but not occasional Trolling, just to make people laugh.  When people cross the line, then action should be taken.
Quote from: Sad Panda on March 08, 2011, 04:51:09 PM
No matter how wrong I am I, as a troll, am always right.

Kevin

No, this rule isn't going to be added. It's pure common sense.