News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Improving the voting system.

Started by Joker, August 25, 2011, 06:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: D E A T H on August 29, 2011, 09:16:44 PM
I can show you guys way in which another server does it's voting and what kind of rewards you can get. plus it blocks your IP address from voting again so you cannot abuse the voting. I WILL TRY TO LEAVE OUT ALL NAMES OF THE SERVER! I am not trying to advertise the server with the voting system I am talking about i am trying to help worldScape.

So does any of the staff approve of this?  ???

It is impossible to make it check if a user actually voted on the MoparScape page. There is no integration between both Voting site and Server. If Mopar actually made something to integrate it, that would be awesome but there is no such thing. Ryan can easily make it so when you did ::vote you would receive a prize and block your ip from doing that for an hour. But what's the point? People can just type ::vote get the reward and wait an hour to do it again. Only half the people that actually do it will actually vote for the server.

Jake

It's the best solution but the most unfair.

I think it would be cool to get a prize when you type ::vote, The more times you ::vote the better the items you get. It would encourage people to vote, Let me say that.

Joker

Quote from: Terror on August 30, 2011, 02:31:50 AM

I think it would be cool to get a prize when you type ::vote, The more times you ::vote the better the items you get. It would encourage people to vote, Let me say that.
That's the whole topic is about..
The only bad part that this would ruin the economy if it's abused.

Jake

Quote from: Joker_ on August 30, 2011, 02:44:01 AM
Quote from: Terror on August 30, 2011, 02:31:50 AM

That's the whole topic is about..
The only bad part that this would ruin the economy if it's abused.
The economy isn't perfect as it is.

Plus we are talking about events, Not items. Like Double xp, Npc madness etc.

ratman3

Maybee every 250 votes TOTAL on moparscape can cause an event to happen, such as the Shade Event, or the NPC madness, and every 500 votes there can be a bonus xp thing.  This way, voting will be anonymus, yet we can still see the effect, with the vote count increasing.
Quote from: Sad Panda on March 08, 2011, 04:51:09 PM
No matter how wrong I am I, as a troll, am always right.

brianc

Hello,

A way to prevent anyone from cheating the system would to use the same system that the server uses itself.

That would be to login to the website to vote, and it will record it on your account that you have voted. So therefore you will not be able to vote again from that account.

Even if you make a new forum account to try to vote again, it will be pointless.

The forum will check to see if any accounts from the same area have voted and will prevent you from voting.

It will use IP Address Allocation to track the area that the request is coming from, therefore it will be a fool proof system.

I believe that this is the answer that everyone was looking for.

Leave your comments.  ;D

Regards,
Brian Crowell

D E A T H

Quote from: Kevin on August 30, 2011, 01:12:39 AM
Quote from: D E A T H on August 29, 2011, 09:16:44 PM
I can show you guys way in which another server does it's voting and what kind of rewards you can get. plus it blocks your IP address from voting again so you cannot abuse the voting. I WILL TRY TO LEAVE OUT ALL NAMES OF THE SERVER! I am not trying to advertise the server with the voting system I am talking about i am trying to help worldScape.

So does any of the staff approve of this?  ???

It is impossible to make it check if a user actually voted on the MoparScape page. There is no integration between both Voting site and Server. If Mopar actually made something to integrate it, that would be awesome but there is no such thing. Ryan can easily make it so when you did ::vote you would receive a prize and block your ip from doing that for an hour. But what's the point? People can just type ::vote get the reward and wait an hour to do it again. Only half the people that actually do it will actually vote for the server.

Yes but the server that has the voting system i was talking about uses runelocus....

Quote from: Kryptonite on September 22, 2014, 05:13:18 PM
How do you have a picture of Ryan's fridge...?

Jake

I'm pretty sure Worldscape is on both Runelocus and Moparscape, Moparscape being the better one.