News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Worlds Longest Words

Started by Triniboy, December 23, 2008, 12:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triniboy

Title says it all..just read if you can  :P

The longest word in any of the major English language dictionaries is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a word which refers to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of very fine silica particles, specifically from a volcano. Research has discovered that this word was originally a hoax. It has since been used in a close approximation of its originally intended meaning, lending at least some degree of validity to its claim

In his play Assemblywomen (Ecclesiazousae), the ancient Greek comedic playwright Aristophanes created a word of 183 letters which describes a dish by stringing together its ingredients

The 58-character name Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch is the famous name of a town on Anglesey, an island of Wales. This place's name is actually 51 letters long, as certain character groups in Welsh are considered as one letter, for instance ll, ng and ch. It is generally agreed, however, that this invented name, adopted in the mid-19th century, was contrived solely to be the longest name of any town in Britain. The official name of the place is Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll, commonly abbreviated to Llanfairpwll or the somewhat jocular Llanfair PG.

Lopadotemakhoselakhogameokranioleipsanodrimypotrimmatosilphiokarabomelitokatakekhymenokikhlepikossyphophattoperister-alektryonoptokephalliokigklopeleiolag?iosiraiobaph?traganopterýg?n,

Henry Carey's farce Chrononhotonthologos (1743) holds the opening line: "Aldiborontiphoscophornio! Where left you Chrononhotonthologos?"

James Joyce made up nine 101-letter words in his novel Finnegans Wake, the most famous of which is Bababadal­gharagh­takammin­arronn­konn­bronn­tonn­erronn­tuonn­thunn­trovarrhoun­awnskawn­toohoohoordenenthurnuk. Appearing on the first page, it allegedly represents the symbolic thunderclap associated with the fall of Adam and Eve. As it appears nowhere else except in reference to this passage, it is generally not accepted as a real word. Sylvia Plath made mention of it in her semi-autobiographical novel The Bell Jar, when the protagonist was reading Finnegans Wake.

hotqueen11

i would sat 300 if i only had a choice outof those.
i fail......

hotqueen11

i fail......

0ownage0

wow thoses are some realy big words! some of them are so big they dont even look like words lol, biggest words i ever seen

0ownage0
hey everone im back!

Triniboy

does anyone know how to say those words? Ryan? Jeremy...someone  ???

0ownage0

me nope not a chance lol

0ownage0
hey everone im back!

Voltimolt

why don't you break up the words to help us pronounce it. Do that.

0ownage0

you mean the pronouncation like, pneumoencephalogram   
pneu·mo·en·ceph·a·lo·gram [ n?m? in séff?l? gràm ] (plural pneu·mo·en·ceph·a·lo·grams)

0ownage0

hey everone im back!

hotqueen11

i can't even read them let alone say them!!!
i fail......

0ownage0

but it would help to have pronouncation so we can red them

0ownage0
hey everone im back!

Chaoslancex

wow imagine having them on a test in school to have to spell them donw wow i would so fail and that would suck :'(

Con1887

Hey, for the first word: Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. I found the pronunciation of the word!!! Go to: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Find hear and click(make sure you have your sound up.) It will say the word! You can search other words also and find Hear if they have a pronunciation of the word! I also have another word, but i'm not sure I'd spell it right and I even don't think it's a word, but they claim it is.(It's from a dictionary.)

Triniboy

cool Con1887..but for me...i still can't pronounce the word..even with the pronunciation .....  the maybe with a little more pratice lolz.

Pure01owner

LOL they like my spellinng llamaduckisgoodcheesethankyoupure01owner mines better:P but far out all i hear was vocano lol
~Ex Owner Of Blitz 50â,,¢ Ftw!!~

Respect nothing. But Your Beliefs, Stand Up For Them And Stand, To Fight For Ur Rights And Aspects.[move]