News:

Keep our threads alive by bumping them often here and here

Main Menu

Report Abuse

Started by Dutch God, July 29, 2011, 03:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutch God

I think it's handy if you Report Abuse in game it automatically make a topic on report abuse forum. so they always know the information.

Dug

You mean for example, when you click the report abuse, you select the rule broken, type the name of the player, and it takes a screenshot of your whole Chatbox. Then automatically creates a topic with a forum that is automatically completed due to being done in-game on that system?
Sounds a bit tough to program :[].
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Dutch God

Quote from: Dug on July 29, 2011, 06:57:54 AM
You mean for example, when you click the report abuse, you select the rule broken, type the name of the player, and it takes a screenshot of your whole Chatbox. Then automatically creates a topic with a forum that is automatically completed due to being done in-game on that system?

something like that yea.

Jake

No one could make it to specifically work like that. I've done something similar to this, If you reported the abuse via the report abuse button in-game it would send the picture or a link to the picture to an Admin board. It would be more efficient if this where to be put in place and more rule breakers would be caught. Although there could be people who abuse it and spam it even when no one is breaking a rule. Although it could be stopped by only letting to report once every 5 minutes or so.

Dug

Quote from: Terror on July 29, 2011, 07:45:40 AM
No one could make it to specifically work like that. I've done something similar to this, If you reported the abuse via the report abuse button in-game it would send the picture or a link to the picture to an Admin board. It would be more efficient if this where to be put in place and more rule breakers would be caught. Although there could be people who abuse it and spam it even when no one is breaking a rule. Although it could be stopped by only letting to report once every 5 minutes or so.
That's true, but one good deed done, is that some players would be able to defend themselves if they were miss-treated =\.
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Jake

No matter what the process it people can't defend themselfs so there isnt, Really, anything there. There would be a ton of reports though 8)

Sora

Quote from: Dug on July 29, 2011, 06:57:54 AM

If this were to happen, i think people who hate the game would try and abuse this and just keep spamming this. And, it's really hard to program so i personally think it's easier if you spend 5 minutes taking a pic, uploading the pic, and making a topic.  :-X
Just my opinion.  :P

Jake

Tiny, People are to lazy, Don't use the Forums or don't even know how to take a picture and upload it. Therefor half the rule breakers are not getting caught.

And If they were to make this happen they would need to put a restriction on it; E.G one report per 2 minutes. That'd minimize the spammers.