News:

Check out the recently added slayer skill, and make sure to vote in the Future Updates section for new content!

Main Menu

Engine Update

Started by Ry60003333, June 22, 2011, 06:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ry60003333

The game engine has been updated to version #48.
Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

Sora

If it's updated to version #48, does anything change?
Or does everything still stay the same?

Whatever it is, it's probably to improve the game.  :P

Joker

What's the use of the update?

Ry60003333

Its just improvements to the engine for future updates that we are going to do, and also lots of behind the scene and background updates that the players won't notice. Because the server content is added through plugins, and I've done lots of work on those! So the engine needed a bit of polishing up for various reasons. :)

M I K E

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

JK, that's great tysm!

Jack

That's awesome, thanks Ryan.

Also, will this fix the recent lag?

Kevin

Quote from: Jack on June 23, 2011, 01:21:25 AM
That's awesome, thanks Ryan.

Also, will this fix the recent lag?

The lag is caused mainly by a memory leak and the re-booting of the server makes it go away, Ryan has fixed most of them but still has problems with a few. So, yes and no this fixed the lag issue. The lag should be gone for about 5-10 days or so. Which is incredible compared to the other servers that are out there right now.

Dug

So this means the health inspector won't be passing by  ::)?
Great work and i'll be searching for background updates that arn't clearly visable to people :D!
'Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.' - Dr. Martin Luther King
Ryan, Jeremy, Jake, Jose, Kevin, Oscar, Wouter, Marcio, Andy, Alex, Alex[Kumkwat], Luke, Avery, Kyle, Mazen, Omar, Connor, Tyren, Amanda, Stephani, Maxi, Aaron, Jeremy(ramp), Sean, Ramón, Kevin(tom), Dylan, Ross, Bill, Maarten, RATMAN, COLESHOT, RYAN1, I HAZ BACKUP, White Angel,  ALL OF YOU ROCK THE WORLD AND MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE. Mo is what makes me feel.
My Skype username = Private! Get away :(
WSB trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv84zmlFjQs

â"Œâˆ©â"(●_●)â"Œâˆ©â"ï»¿ To all you nice pop song haters..

Ry60003333

Yup the lag is caused by the server running out of memory, and just one leak will cause the server to eventually grind to a halt. :-\

But fixing the memory leaks in the engine will make the server able to stay up hopefully indefinitely without any lag. :)

Jack

Quote from: Ry60003333 on June 23, 2011, 07:28:57 PM
Yup the lag is caused by the server running out of memory, and just one leak will cause the server to eventually grind to a halt. :-\

But fixing the memory leaks in the engine will make the server able to stay up hopefully indefinitely without any lag. :)
Thanks, I actually never knew what a memory leak was until now.

Pride

Thanks for the tune-up.

^.^

Jake