News:

WorldScape is run on the most advance RuneScape private server software. Ever.

Main Menu

Some Things To Remember While Posting (I Recommend All To Read This)

Started by Bill, December 14, 2008, 11:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

I have been seeing some pretty stupid threads on the forums here lately so I thought I would go over a few things about the rules here. I would suggest reading this before you make another post.

Do not post anything asking or "suggesting" for Moderator. People can be so ridiculous sometimes. NEVER think you will become a Moderator on Worldscape just because you're "nice" or "friendly" or you give away items to new players and "greet" them. There is so much more to being a Moderator than just "being friendly" and especially on a game like Worldscape. To get another thing straight, "time" playing this server does not effect your chances at all to become a Moderator. People think just because they have played Worldscape for a year that they will become an Moderator and even an Admin sometimes. I just read what they say, think about it, and just laugh. Listen to this. I have played Worldscape for almost 2 and a half years. Look at me. Where am I? I was an Admin 2 years ago, but that was when they never controlled the amount of Moderators and Admins. Two years ago you could ask for Admin and get it with no problem. It's 100% not like that anymore. It hasn't been that way for a good year and a half. Do not think I am an Admin now because I am not. I am not part of staff at all. Anyways, you don't get Moderator by the amount of time you play, you get Moderator for showing respect, respect the players, respect the Moderators, respect the forums, respect the staff members, respect Worldscape. If you're reading this, scroll down for a second and take a look at my signature. What does it say? "~Always Respect~" That's what you have to do in a game like Worldscape. Now I'm not guaranteeing anyone that if you respect you'll get Moderator. In fact, this whole thing is based on my opinion. I'm not with the staff at all. I wouldn't know for a fact what they're looking for. I'm just saying it will probably up your chances. I have known these people for such a long time, so it's safe to say that you show them respect and you'll get respect in return, and making threads asking or bribing for Moderator... Well, not so much showing respect there is it?

I have seen a thread lately that some players posted about them creating their own server and they have posted about it on the Worldscape forums. They also had the nerve to ask Ryan and Jeremy help with coding it. Just to get a few things straight, never post or make it public to the eyes of Worldscape that you are creating your own server. You are exposing Worldscape's players to your server and that is not tolerated here on Worldscape or the forums. What are you getting out of that? You are not "earning" your players. Every player on Worldscape has been earned and treated with respect by all staff here. The Moderators and staff don't show players respect because it's their "job", they do it because of the kind of person they are in the inside. No body really thinks about this, but being a player can be the most valuable thing on Worldscape. The reason: You get treated with the most respect by the staff members. That's something really special. What other servers have you been on that shows as much respect to their players as to make a whole 508 client, from scratch, putting time and effort into it, devoting their own time to creating it, making every skill and item work, spending months and months and months on it, just for their players? Nothing I have ever seen has carried on this long with a server because of their players and how much they like them. All these players are free to leave at anytime they wish. They don't though because either A.) They like the server or B.) They get so much respect from the staff members here. For me, it's B. I could care less to play the server. I like logging on because of the people and staff on Worldscape. They respect me because I respect them. When I returned, Jeremy and I didn't like each other. Why? Because we never showed respect for each other. Now we both respect each other and we can carry on and be friends now. I'll admit, I have asked Ryan in the past about coding for my benefits but I never made it public, but to make a whole thread just to dedicate the fact that you are making a server and you are wanting Worldscape's players to join is beyond me and everyone else. Advertising your server or another server on Worldscape or the Worldscape forums is against the rules and you will be in deep consequences if you post about it.

Again, I have posted this topic because of what I have been seeing recently on the forums here. Please take this into consideration and remember this while posting. Thank you. (This is all opinionized by me. I hope to get a post or confirmation by one of the staff members to confirm that this is all, in fact, true.)

This post has been confirmed by a member of the AllGoFree Staff.

Quote from: Bill on August 23, 2010, 07:55:43 PM
Quote from: Ry60003333 on August 22, 2010, 05:40:15 AM
Thanks! It feels great to finally get it up after all these years. 8)
Lmfao.........

Flame

"dragon lol u" was pretty convincing though. But yeah I agree respect others and you will be respected.

0ownage0

i agree with both of u even though i have made some point less posts also

thanks

0ownage0
hey everone im back!

maddy

good post bill!! it is true you show respect you get respect. and good post, alot more people need to understand ALL the things you have posted.

~maddy, merry christmas~
lolz a little weird I know. :)

Bill

Quote from: maddy on December 17, 2008, 03:56:27 PM
good post bill!! it is true you show respect you get respect. and good post, alot more people need to understand ALL the things you have posted.

~maddy, merry christmas~

Finally I get a complimenting post from someone I KNOW can understand this.  ;)

Lmfao.........

Voltimolt

wth? thats it.. i had enough.... you always beat me thro post.
stuff you... bill..

JKs woot. got ya! nice.. beta then mine. wth: how many dots?...

we will fight next time... muahahahahahaha

still.. nice.

Jeremy

I'm bad enough to commit suicide and survive long enough to kill my soul after I'm dead.
-Picture removed-

Ry60003333

Triniboy: AllGoFree Staff don't get paid, they only get laid.

mizark30

bill your right i shouldnt't have asked ryan and bill to help code my server.
but i do have to prove that i was not posting thet publicly to get the worldscape players to go on my server.
but it was dumb of me to ask for help from all-go-free owners.

all-go-free rules
also go to google.com and type in brain peppers on images.
also i might put that pic as my sig.

see you all on worldscapeblitz when it comes out.

Bill

Quote from: mizark30 on December 25, 2008, 12:53:20 AM
bill your right i shouldnt't have asked ryan and bill to help code my server.
but i do have to prove that i was not posting thet publicly to get the worldscape players to go on my server.
but it was dumb of me to ask for help from all-go-free owners.

all-go-free rules
also go to google.com and type in brain peppers on images.
also i might put that pic as my sig.

see you all on worldscapeblitz when it comes out.

It's nice to see that you understand this post. Thanks for reading it. But yeah you're right, I don't think you were doing it to "take" any players away or advertise, but what could have happened was you mentioning it then players on here asking about it and you giving them the ip and that's how it could have started. Obviously not from the post you made because you had no ip included in it, nor the server was even created. But at least asking them in a private message would have been better in my opinion. I'm not saying that is totally ok though, even I have asked Ryan for help on my server and I just told him "I'm going to stop because this is making me no different than that guy's topic I posted on". Once again, thanks for reading this and encourage others to read it also.

Lmfao.........

tim10pak

LozBean

Quote from: Bill on December 14, 2008, 11:57:19 PM
I have been seeing some pretty stupid threads on the forums here lately so I thought I would go over a few things about the rules here. I would suggest reading this before you make another post.

Do not post anything asking or "suggesting" for Moderator. People can be so ridiculous sometimes. NEVER think you will become a Moderator on Worldscape just because you're "nice" or "friendly" or you give away items to new players and "greet" them. There is so much more to being a Moderator than just "being friendly" and especially on a game like Worldscape. To get another thing straight, "time" playing this server does not effect your chances at all to become a Moderator. People think just because they have played Worldscape for a year that they will become an Moderator and even an Admin sometimes. I just read what they say, think about it, and just laugh. Listen to this. I have played Worldscape for almost 2 and a half years. Look at me. Where am I? I was an Admin 2 years ago, but that was when they never controlled the amount of Moderators and Admins. Two years ago you could ask for Admin and get it with no problem. It's 100% not like that anymore. It hasn't been that way for a good year and a half. Do not think I am an Admin now because I am not. I am not part of staff at all. Anyways, you don't get Moderator by the amount of time you play, you get Moderator for showing respect, respect the players, respect the Moderators, respect the forums, respect the staff members, respect Worldscape. If you're reading this, scroll down for a second and take a look at my signature. What does it say? "~Always Respect~" That's what you have to do in a game like Worldscape. Now I'm not guaranteeing anyone that if you respect you'll get Moderator. In fact, this whole thing is based on my opinion. I'm not with the staff at all. I wouldn't know for a fact what they're looking for. I'm just saying it will probably up your chances. I have known these people for such a long time, so it's safe to say that you show them respect and you'll get respect in return, and making threads asking or bribing for Moderator... Well, not so much showing respect there is it?

I have seen a thread lately that some players posted about them creating their own server and they have posted about it on the Worldscape forums. They also had the nerve to ask Ryan and Jeremy help with coding it. Just to get a few things straight, never post or make it public to the eyes of Worldscape that you are creating your own server. You are exposing Worldscape's players to your server and that is not tolerated here on Worldscape or the forums. What are you getting out of that? You are not "earning" your players. Every player on Worldscape has been earned and treated with respect by all staff here. The Moderators and staff don't show players respect because it's their "job", they do it because of the kind of person they are in the inside. No body really thinks about this, but being a player can be the most valuable thing on Worldscape. The reason: You get treated with the most respect by the staff members. That's something really special. What other servers have you been on that shows as much respect to their players as to make a whole 508 client, from scratch, putting time and effort into it, devoting their own time to creating it, making every skill and item work, spending months and months and months on it, just for their players? Nothing I have ever seen has carried on this long with a server because of their players and how much they like them. All these players are free to leave at anytime they wish. They don't though because either A.) They like the server or B.) They get so much respect from the staff members here. For me, it's B. I could care less to play the server. I like logging on because of the people and staff on Worldscape. They respect me because I respect them. When I returned, Jeremy and I didn't like each other. Why? Because we never showed respect for each other. Now we both respect each other and we can carry on and be friends now. I'll admit, I have asked Ryan in the past about coding for my benefits but I never made it public, but to make a whole thread just to dedicate the fact that you are making a server and you are wanting Worldscape's players to join is beyond me and everyone else. Advertising your server or another server on Worldscape or the Worldscape forums is against the rules and you will be in deep consequences if you post about it.

Again, I have posted this topic because of what I have been seeing recently on the forums here. Please take this into consideration and remember this while posting. Thank you. (This is all opinionized by me. I hope to get a post or confirmation by one of the staff members to confirm that this is all, in fact, true.)

This post has been confirmed by a member of the AllGoFree Staff.

Hi urm it says that i am still logged in on world 1 which i am not i am called LozBean  will you please log me out.

Zack1

Nice Post Bill Now Everyone Should Know What To Do When They Are Posting.
Great stuff Bill keep it up! :D

zack1

Bill

I'm going to unsticky this for the time being because the number of stickies in this section need to drop and be cleaned up.

Lmfao.........

serguy3

That'd be a good decision. O.O I don't know why it hasn't been moved to "forum rules" yet.

~Serguys_Pure.
Thank you to Zack who brought my suggestion to life. Subscribe to WorldscapeBlitz NOW!

Go here for a great theme. Credits to Zack.

Fight my Brute YO!